• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Buy one. I just got mine in the mail from Sheila and have been testing it out all day. Call her and get one. I had to see what the "hype" was all about and it's not hype. It's a great knife that is worth more than the sell price. I have personally spent hundreds on custom knives from knifemakers featured in Blade Magazine and they are all great knives. They grace my wall very well. However, this will be my belt knife when I'm hunting. One I can use, abuse and not cry over if it gets lost.

The 4" blade is just about ideal for realistic knife tasks, though I would have bought an Esee 5 if they did a full flat grind and not a saber grind. For me a 4 and 5 inch have about the same ergonomics with knife tasks and an extra inch is always good (that's what she said) but I've found a big difference in cutting and especially resharpening between a saber grind and a full flat grind. I hate the saber grind on knives I'm going to use for cutting tasks. It is too steep a grind angle going down to the edge, imho, and is designed for people who will be using the knife to do things you should be using a crowbar or wedge for.

So all in all, get an Esee 4. You'll find it much handier than it's purchase price would lead you to believe.

Tim

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I absolutely love my ESEE 4. It is my favorite knife as well. I think it is about the best all around knife that I have ever had, and want another one. Mine I the combo blade, with the partial serrated edge, and I want another one that is just a plain edge only.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I bought a ESEE 4 from Knife Lady and it has been threw alot of abuse and keeps coming back with a grin. It is the best knife i have ever used. Like yesterday I was prying guardrail apart that was stacked together. holds a good edge and it is easy to sharpen also. Great knife!

Top Bottom