• Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    For you IU Basketball Fans

The University of Kentucky, known for its strong basketball program, has been known to overlook academic requirements in order to acquire a strong basketball talent.

One player in particular, was hugely popular among UK students and faculty, he rarely lost a game and was well known for capturing many nail-biters at the buzzer. However, the player had one downfall, he hardly ever attended class during his four years at UK, resulting in a dismal failing academic record, which prompted no little concern among the faculty.

Finally, the big graduation day game and the faculty wondered just how in good conscious they could award the young basketball star a UK diploma. The dean came up with a resolution to the dilemma, proposing that the player would be given a short impromptu verbal exam on stage before receiving his diploma.

The player's name was called and as he walked up on the stage the Dean said, "Son, you made us proud as a UK Basketball player, but as you never attended a single class during your 4 years, we must give you a short test before we give you your diploma. The young man looked nervous and worried as the verbal exam commenced. WHAT IS SEVEN TIMES THREE?, asked the Dean. The young man looked scared, he said oh, oh, I know that one, I know it, it's on the tip of my tongue! he exclaimed. The Dean said, I'm sorry son, but unless you answer the question, no diploma for you. The young man dejectedly started to walk off the stage and then it came to him, he turned and yelled at the top of his lungs, TWENTY ONE, THE ANSWER IS TWENTY ONE.

Suddenly the entire congregation that was gathered almost in one voice started chanting so loudly it could be heard all the way to Bloomington, Indiana, GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE!, GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE!

:):

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Kentucky joke, not a UK joke. I like it.

:)
    652_zps023f379a.gif

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    And just one more thing to needle the "Purdue lovers" because it's fun: IU men's soccer has more national championships than does PU in total (speaking of team championships).

Top Bottom