Et tu, Steak n' Shake? Ejected for OC...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Received a call today from the S&S Office in Carmel. I was infomed that the Company observes all Federal and States Laws concerning the carrying of handguns. If a person is licensed to carry a hangun that personis welcome in to dine any store, regardless of wether the wespon is showing or not.

Great! Too bad they didnt cc: the store manager in South Bend;)

eagle5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Hello, my name is Mike. I work as the Gunsmith/Firearms Trainer at Profire Arms and Supply (sight sponser here)...It just so happens that my wife works at corporate S&S side by side with The VP of S&S and I also know the VP on a personal level. A buddy of mine told me about this thread, so I figured I would tell my wife to talk to Ken (VP). She did and I can tell you that the manager has been "talked" to and this will not be a problem again. As you guys already know S&S does not have a customer gun policy. If you all have any other issues with S&S (in a gun matter, I dont care if you get bad service, lol, well my wife might) just shoot me a PM. thanks PM inbound to OP.

Decided to swing by this thread to see how it was progressing.... :laugh: :yesway:

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I'll be eating at SnS more often, whether carrying or not. :yesway::yesway: for companies that have the balls to support our rights in this age of political correctness run amok.

Last edited:

treken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sorry for your experience. A couple years ago, I had the police called on me because I wouldn't leave after the manager refused to refund me for my messed up order (I was told over the phone if I brought the food back I would receive a refund)...I haven't been back since.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Sorry for your experience. A couple years ago, I had the police called on me because I wouldn't leave after the manager refused to refund me for my messed up order (I was told over the phone if I brought the food back I would receive a refund)...I haven't been back since.

How is this related to the incident described in the OP ?

Doesn't matter why the manager asks someone to leave.. if you're asked and you don't leave, you're trespassing.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    How is this related to the incident described in the OP ?

Doesn't matter why the manager asks someone to leave.. if you're asked and you don't leave, you're trespassing.

I believe he was referring to the fact that the same SnS has bad service.

A policy statement published on a corporate website means exactly dick under Indiana law. [STRIKE]It has to be communicated to you directly or posted on their main entrance.[/STRIKE]

FTFY.

"Policies" and "corporate rules" don't hold any weight of law. If a manager came up to me and stated that their "corporate policy" was that no firearms were allowed, I'd simply state "Okay" and return to my business before he interrupted me. It's only when they say "I'm asking you to leave," that I'll get up and leave.

I OC at Applebee's all the time. Then again, I'm a regular and they don't give a crap about me.

Top Bottom