• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shay

Master
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Evan Rice (esrice) first started taking classes at Mindset Lab 15 months ago. Since then he has taken every course Mindset Lab offers except for our 2 newest offerings.

The lessons he learned from the scenario-based training we provide have influenced his perceptions of what it means to truly prepare for defense. Reality-based training is different from other training methods and this unique approach has really resonated with him.

Recently, to continue his journey, Evan graduated from Mindset Lab’s Force-on-Force Role Player Training and will be working as a role player for our scenario-based classes. This will allow him to see the other side of what he experienced as a student, and to pay forward the experience to future students.

Additionally, he will be leading the business development and marketing efforts to expand the scope of what Mindset Lab offers students of defense. Evan brings years of experience with his time as a respected Moderator for INGO.

I look forward to Evan’s contributions to the growth and development of Mindset Laboratory. Please join me in welcoming him to the team!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks Shay for the warm welcome and thanks to the rest of you for your kind words.

Training at Mindset Laboratory fundamentally changed the way I approach the "problem" that is self-defense. I experienced a paradigm shift that I'll never forget. I now want to help in giving others the opportunity to experience the same.

At my center is a desire to make people safer. This coincides with the goals and mission of Mindset Laboratory. One student at a time I believe we can make society safer by teaching people to be thinkers and sound decision-makers.

My way of working toward that end is twofold-- first by being the best roleplayer I can, thereby enhancing the student experience. The second is by promoting Mindset Laboratory whenever and wherever I can, and make the path to training easy and worry-free.

Here on INGO you'll find me talking more and more about force-on-force and reality-based training and the benefits such training offers those who are defense minded. I apologize in advance for sounding like a broken record, but I believe this kind of training works, and is necessary for developing a proper response to violence.

I look forward to all the future discussions, debates, questions, and training opportunities that INGO will play host to. This is my "home" site and think we have a great group of folks here in this community that take training in defense as seriously as I do.

I look forward to seeing you online, and in class.

dubsac

Master
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Evan did you just post the same comment in another thread??? If I didnt know better Id think you are trying to up your post count. jk lol Congrats Bud

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Jan 12, 2012
    Evan, this sounds like the next chapter of you being who you are. It was readily apparent that as a mod you took up the role of helping others, and now you are continuing to do so albeit in a different way.

I wish you the best in this new endeavor and have complete confidence that you will succeed at this and anything else you set forth to do. Right motives and dedication have a way of making that work!

Faine

Expert
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Looks like you found a job that caters to your strengths in an industry that will only be growing over the years and also is enjoyable and rewarding, kudos to you and good luck!

I've been eyeballing defensive flashlight classes lately.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I've been eyeballing defensive flashlight classes lately.

Whatcha know, we have a 1-day Flashlight Combatives course that would certainly fit the bill. ;)

Next dates for that course would be:

• Sunday, June 2nd, 2013
    • Saturday, October 19th, 2013
    Here's the full course description-- Flashlight Combatives | Mindset Laboratory

And a pic from class 2 weeks ago:

72637_514275268618221_928802566_n.jpg

amhenry

Marksman
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    Faine, the Flashlight Combatives course is excellent. My wife and I took it in 2012, and it has been very helpful for both of us. Simple, straightforward techniques that can be executed under stress are the way to go. Also, beating on Joe in the FIST suit was satisfying.

The biggest single takeaway for me from that course had nothing to do with flashlights, though. I realized I needed to do lots of work on CARDIO. I'm a teacher, which doesn't typically involve much strenuous activity (aside from occasional cage fights with the copy machine) and I was surprised how quickly I started to lose steam when I was actually engaging an opponent.

Magnum

Marksman
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    Glad to hear it esrice, Mindset Lab has truly unlimited potential and I'm glad to see focused effort on growth. It is a one-of-a-kind facility, it has a solid philosophy, and consistently produces alumni who demonstrate competency and improvement. You can look around the room within just the first few hours and tell that students already want to come back for more.

Spike_351

Expert
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    hmmm with all this good news and reviews I keep hearing about mindset labs I may have to work some overtime so I can take some classes soon.

Top Bottom