• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    197 so I am still cooking. A few minor equipment changes, another brick of 22, and I will be a rifleman. I am looking forward to a Mini Appleseed next spring, or maybe even this winter if one is coming up.

Had a nice day at Red Brush Saturday, nice facilities. The centerfire line was pretty full, but that's a good thing. We had 1 Rifleman on our line, and quite a few new shooters who showed natural talent.

It has been said elsewhere, but let it be clear: This program is great for new shooters, young shooters, wives who've never shot, etc. The instructors are very helpful and will provide one-on-one, relevant suggestions to overcome your individual difficulties.

$45 for 1 day, $70 for 2 days. An exceptional value for what you get!!

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    First off, thank you to all of the shooters who came out, we had 65 shooters on the line Saturday, from as far away as Wisconsin. The weather, as always, was the boogeyman.

Our middle bay was 22 of 26 junior shooters (by design) on Saturday and a like mix on Sunday. The other 2 bays had the more experienced and adult shooters. Tremendous accuracy gains were seen across the board. IndyJoe did us all proud and kicked down the barrier to Rifleman followed by his B-I-L. Neocon likewise and he stepped up as an Instructor in Training, something that is sorely needed. Unforgiven turned in a great score and got his patch.

Neocon, 'The Guy' can tell the story like few others!

For you folks that missed an Appleseed in 2008, you will have many more chances in 2009. We had 8 shoots here this year, by my count we are looking at at least 20 next year, all over the state. Our Instructors and Instructors in Training will be polishing their skills all winter long to break out in the spring.

Hawkhavn
    RWVA Instructor and IN state coordinator

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This program is great for new shooters, young shooters, wives who've never shot, etc. The instructors are very helpful and will provide one-on-one, relevant suggestions to overcome your individual difficulties.
    It is also great for grey beards that come in "already knowing how to shoot." A real wake up on fixing bad habits and developing new good ones.

Congrats to indyjoe and NEOCON!
    NEOCON, gotta be nothing sweeter than watching your boy get his patch.

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    From all of us on the instructor line - Thanks for the kind words from those of you who attended! It was a lot of fun (even if somewhat cool!)

As Techres stated earlier, we have a number of Appleseed Shoots in the works for Indiana in 2009. We will post them as they become finalized. I am also planning on running some monthly Mini-Appleseeds throughout the year.

The mini is a 4 - 5 hour short introduction to the program, covering the basics of the prone position for new shooters. If there are only experianced Appleseeders on the line we will go for the Rifleman, tuning and adjusting those skills you've learned. :D:D

I don't know, but as the number of Indiana Appleseeders grows we may have to expand those mini's into an all day affair :rockwoot::rockwoot: and drag in more instructors!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    usafe7ret, Many thanks for heading up our line sir. It was great to work with you again.

The mini is a 4 - 5 hour short introduction to the program, covering the basics of the prone position for new shooters. If there are only experianced Appleseeders on the line we will go for the Rifleman, tuning and adjusting those skills you've learned. :D:D

I don't know, but as the number of Indiana Appleseeders grows we may have to expand those mini's into an all day affair :rockwoot::rockwoot: and drag in more instructors!
    I've been running into other commitments, by the time I discover the mini threads. If I could get a PM from you when you post the next event, I would be more than happy to PM the rest of the interested INGO members from this thread.

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    I've been running into other commitments, by the time I discover the mini threads. If I could get a PM from you when you post the next event, I would be more than happy to PM the rest of the interested INGO members from this thread.

You've got it! Will be approaching my club for a date for a full Appleseed or two next year and will be looking at the calendar for the mini's. Will drop you a PM on dates

imprimis5

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    Plainfield, IN
    You can also pencil in April 18th and 19th, 2009. I am sure there will be multiple Appleseeds in Indiana on that weekend. If you do not know the significance of April 19th to our American history, come to an Appleseed and find out.

Isn't that the day that John Adams bought a house in Europe and established it as the first American Embassy in the Dutch Republic?

I mean, you couldn't be talking about the Battle of Lexington and Concord. It's not like that was important...

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Marc,

There will be multiple sites for shoots next year. At least Evansville Wabash, Terre Haute, possibly Cloverdale and others. So .....keep watching!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom