• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    Curious as to where is a good place to get some fish before winter hits. I know in alaska i could fish year round but not sure if the fish in this area stay active during the winter months like rainbows do.

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    The bigger lakes, especialy Kentucky and Barkley stay somewhat active during the winter. Check dates of seasons and size limits before investing time and money in a Winter fishing Trip out of state. Friends of mine fish the Ohio for bottom feeders and Patoka for Pike...but trust me, It's not like Salt water Alaska !!!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    There are quite a few winter fishing possibilities in the area. There's a power plant cooling lake up in Gibson Co., fish are active there all winter. Lots of power plants along the Ohio, and other rivers, warm water discharges usually have activity all winter. Also there are sauger in the river, fishing for them is best during the winter. Also, if you have a boat or safe ice its possible to catch a mess of bluegill and crappie. Finding them is the hard part.

Top Bottom