• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    A heads up about a pretty big gun and knife auction in Evansville. Sohn and Associates is having an auction Saturday June 27th. Full details with listings and photos here: Upcoming Auctions | Sohn and Associates

Lots of variety and MANY pocket knives, if that's your thing. I assume there will be the usual ammo and accessories on silent auction. They charge sales tax but no buyer's premium unless you use a credit card. $10.00/gun transfer fee and they have online bidding (pricey shipping).

The last couple auctions have had both good bargains and some high prices. If it's a newer handgun, it will likely sell for new or more. But .22's, revolvers and not so common guns can be bargains.

Unfortunately the online bidding for the Polytech AKS-223 double underfolder is already at $750 and will probably double. But I hold out hope for some bargains.

I will be at the auction, most likely selling Friends of NRA raffle tickets. Hope to see some folks there.

I have no affiliation with this company but I have bought a lot of guns at their auctions and have consigned a few to this one. Sometimes stuff is a bargain and sometimes what people pay is entertaining.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Thanks for posting Snorko....That Smith 28-2 and that RCMP marked Webley revolver have piqued my interest.....

And this one!!!!!

fi233.cgi

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Yep, Smiths can be hit and miss. Sometimes the prices are super reasonable and sometimes, especially with online bidding, they are whack. The guy that rates and describes the guns for the listing is accurate though.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Good post, Snorko. For those in the area they always have viewing most of the afternoon and evening the day before. Sometimes there are surprises between the two. A couple years ago I found a nice Glock G21, gen 3 on the table. They said it didn't have a case or accessories. However, when I went to the auction the next day it had the original box, fired case, extra mag and all the stuff that comes in the box. I got it for $450 and was happy.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Overall a decent auction. PSA complete lowers went for $175, a factory psa m4 was $475. $1,500 for the Norinco double underfolder in .223 with 6 magazines. Russian Makarov at $375. I got an Iver Johnson break action .32 S& W in good shape for $80, looking forward to shooting it.

Top Bottom