• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    It is a fair show. IMHO it is the lesser of the two Evv shows but having said that I usully go. There are several dealers with a good selection of used guns, lots of overpriced new guns, and lots in between.

So yeah, if you are in town and are bored, it is worth going. If you miss it, no big loss. And if you see a fat bearded guy in an INGO shirt, say hi. :)

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    It's okay, don't expect many bargains though. Look for the table with the commie heavy auto weapons on display. He usually has good priced .223 / 7.62X39mm and brand new $10 P mags. Somebody will have $5 MRE packets if you're into that(I usually pick up a few). I find it convenient to sell my used brass here since I don't reload, pays for my entry fee.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    You know....Snorko, maybe he wanted to enjoy himself, there!!! LOL

Hey, I showered first.

Just got back. Usual show with some interesting deals to be had. I might even go back tomorrow, there was a cute little FEG Smc-918 calling me.

ETA: decided not to wait until then and picked it up. Good price for a LNIB Feg w/2mags. Smallest 9x18mm ever made.

Last edited:

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    Other than a few fairly priced Henry Rifles (But still cheaper online after shipping) I saw nothing I wanted. I have a feeling that some of the dealers themselves paid too much for ammo and guns during the panic and are trying to unload some of those mistakes. Most used guns were priced at what I could buy them new for, and my favorite was a used Colt XSE commander for $1200. Another was a factory Colt SBR for $2500 (I just bought the same rifle new for $1149.) The $60/500 Remington Thunderbolts also got a good laugh. Traditionally you can save a few bucks buying reloads, but even those were priced higher than federal/winchester factory loads.

I really, REALLY, wanted that Henry "Evil Roy" .22 lever action, but just couldn't part with my cash today.

Basically, I wanted to post some negativity to balance out that optimistic/positive/good attitude that Snorko has. Life is all about balance!

Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    I went Saturday and found a very nice commercial artillery luger at a awesome price. It came home with me! Also found a decent WW2 luger that was too cheap to pass up. I agree with Opie that a lot of these dealers got caught with high priced inventory and now that the market is getting softer, they're stuck with overpriced guns that they can't get their money out of. Very good show for me overall.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Thanks for chiming in with the feedback fellas. About what I expected. I might've gone but I just went to the Ferdinand gun show last weekend. I'll be at both Evansville shows at some point this year.

Top Bottom