• ...and so much more!
  • thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    OK which one of you was it???

Mwag.at Lowes east yesterday around noonish wearing jeans and a white shirt. You were browsing the lawn mower aisle. Caller feared for the safety of everyone in the store because they didn't see a badge next to the gun on his hip lol.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Go to Mennards. I OCed there in the Fort yesterday. I was all over the garden center before buying some Belgian wedge stone to fix up the wife's flower beds. No one blinked and no five-year-old girls attacked me.

I did cause a few hearts to flutter when I walked into the Steak & Shake on Coldwater Road though. A group of kids heading for the prom were chowing down, and a couple of the guys went wide-eyed the minute I walked in the door. Even forgot to chew. Nobody said anything though and we had a good meal.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Go to Mennards. I OCed there in the Fort yesterday. I was all over the garden center before buying some Belgian wedge stone to fix up the wife's flower beds. No one blinked and no five-year-old girls attacked me.

I did cause a few hearts to flutter when I walked into the Steak & Shake on Coldwater Road though. A group of kids heading for the prom were chowing down, and a couple of the guys went wide-eyed the minute I walked in the door. Even forgot to chew. Nobody said anything though and we had a good meal.

They probably thought you came in to arrest them because of the marley in their pockets, which unknown to them was actually parsley.:laugh:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    When you take a girl to steak n shake before the prom you should expect to encounter all sorts of ruffians, hoodlums, and miscreants like people OCing. Did you put your hand on the grip and loudly demand to know why they cut their pickles the long way?

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Wasn't me but I've OCd into both Lowes stores in Evansville. I have had several nice conversations with a worker I know pretty well in the west store about carrying. He's in full agreement.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I used to work in the East side store. I would say it was a customer. I OC there now but mainly after work before heading home and I'm in uniform then.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I was at the east side store today picking up some lumber for deck repairs. I went in CC, halfway through of bending over to grab boards I could feel I was OC, decided "screw it" and stayed like that when I picked up screw, drill bits, stain, brushes, and browsed the power tools. No one said anything to me, and I didn't catch any weird looks.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    So let me get this straight. Caller feared for the safety of everyone in the store because they didn't see a badge next to the gun on his hip. Does this mean if the OCer would have worn one of those "weapons permit" badges the caller would not have felt threatened. :scratch::dunno::facepalm:

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    So let me get this straight. Caller feared for the safety of everyone in the store because they didn't see a badge next to the gun on his hip. Does this mean if the OCer would have worn one of those "weapons permit" badges the caller would not have felt threatened. :scratch::dunno::facepalm:

Apparently. Gun on hip, browsing the lawnmower aisle, no badge visible, feared for safety of everyone lol.

Big J

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Evansville
    I thought it was funny. I was there and overheard the I think it was the store manager all worked up going on to another employee how there was no need to OC in a place like Lowes. I only smerked as I walked by him. I was CC.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I thought it was funny. I was there and overheard the I think it was the store manager all worked up going on to another employee how there was no need to OC in a place like Lowes. I only smerked as I walked by him. I was CC.

The store manager is a short blond gal named Susan (or at least a couple of weeks ago she was, they change stuff so often). She's pretty level headed, I don't see her getting in a snit about it.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I just sent this email to Lowe's Corporate for clarification:

customercare@lowes.com

Dear Sir / Madam,

My name is xxxxxxxx xxxxxx. I am contacting your fine offices in an attempt to clarify Lowe's corporate policy in reference to licensed law abiding citizens Second Amendment rights.

An incident at your East Evansville, Indiana location a few days ago, that was witnessed by members of Indiana Gun Owners, begs for Lowe's corporate input.

I am hard pressed to name any other large national chain that does not recognize and abide by their State and local laws in respect to citizens right to bear arms. In Indiana we enjoy the flexibility, by Indiana State Statute, to conceal or open carry sidearms in all but a very few restricted areas.

INGO enjoys a state wide membership of over 25,000 members and their corresponding spheres of influence. Guidance is sorely needed at this time so our members can adjust their shopping habits accordingly.

Thank you for your time and consideration of my inquiry.

xxxxxxxx xxxxxx

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I just sent this email to Lowe's Corporate for clarification:

customercare@lowes.com

Dear Sir / Madam,

My name is xxxxxxxx xxxxxx. I am contacting your fine offices in an attempt to clarify Lowe's corporate policy in reference to licensed law abiding citizens Second Amendment rights.

An incident at your East Evansville, Indiana location a few days ago, that was witnessed by members of Indiana Gun Owners, begs for Lowe's corporate input.

I am hard pressed to name any other large national chain that does not recognize and abide by their State and local laws in respect to citizens right to bear arms. In Indiana we enjoy the flexibility, by Indiana State Statute, to conceal or open carry sidearms in all but a very few restricted areas.

INGO enjoys a state wide membership of over 25,000 members and their corresponding spheres of influence. Guidance is sorely needed at this time so our members can adjust their shopping habits accordingly.

Thank you for your time and consideration of my inquiry.

xxxxxxxx xxxxxx

Am I missing something? Was there actually a problem or was the bishopp being sarcastic?

Top Bottom