4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011
    12:00pm - 3:00pm

Indiana Statehouse
    200 W Washington St.
    Indianapolis, IN

Last week, Indiana's Supreme Court ruled 3-2 that citizens DO NOT have the right to resist illegal entry into their homes by officers of the law. The consequence of this ruling is that if a policeman enters your home without consent and for any reason or no reason and you try to physically impede him, he may arrest you and that arrest IS valid and you may be punished by law, regardless of whether or not the officer is found to be out of line after the fact. This blatant violation of our basic and constitutional civil rights should NOT be tolerated, and we are protesting to let them know that we will not stand for the invasion of privacy under the guise of public protection.

We must make our voices heard and tell our leaders that this is unacceptable; if your civil rights are of interest to you, click "attending" and invite your friends.

News report: NewsRoomAmerica.com - Indiana High Court Says No Right to Resist Illegal Police Entry

More info: Unbelievable: Indiana Court Overturns Right to Resist Illegal Entry | AlterNet

UPDATE: This is just the latest in a series of troubling legislations and decisions handed down in our state; there was a unanimous decision last week that police serving a warrant DO NOT have to knock before entering your home if they feel that the situation warrants it, whereas historical precedent has always required a judge's permission to do so.

No-Knock rulings: http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20110512/NEWS0

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    So for those of us that don't "Facebook" is there a way to get details on this?

Edit: I see that I am not the only one, thanks Rambone!

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    This seems like one issue where us more-right gun owners will be side-by-side with the more-left non gun owners. Sounds good to me.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    This seems like one issue where us more-right gun owners will be side-by-side with the more-left non gun owners. Sounds good to me.

Exactly! This idiotic decision is good for NO ONE, regardless of political leanings. I'm hoping these morons have stirred a huge hornets nest on this, and people actually take action.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    hmmmm, may have to see how much PTO I have racked up!

I am of the same opinion as the rest of you... this is one of the first steps toward a Police state!

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'd be there in a heartbeat, but that particular day is a huge one at work & I'm quite sure I'd be fired for leaving...

Thanks ahead of time to all who go in my stead :patriot::ingo:

mdeshon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Out yander
    I wish I could go but Ill be at work, Maybe for those of us that don't facebook and work during those hours we should put together a letter that we can all send to our state reps so we can fight for our 4th Amendment rights.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I wish I could go but Ill be at work, Maybe for those of us that don't facebook and work during those hours we should put together a letter that we can all send to our state reps so we can fight for our 4th Amendment rights.

I'm game. :+1:

Top Bottom