• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Just wondering what everyone is seeing locally With regards to availability? Do you think empty shelves are going to be the norm or have other factors such as inflation, high fuel prices, and higher than normal ammo prices going to slow down the next panic buying cycle?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I dont think we will see prices the way they were ever again. My gut says thanks to inflation and other factors, we wont see "reasonable" pricing (25% 30% higher than 2019 IMHO given inflation, etc) for several more years. Maybe 5? Assuming the Dems lose in both the upcoming midterms and 2024. If they manage to cheat their way back into power, my prediction is off.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I don't see 2019 prices ever coming back. Not with the money supply increased 40% in that time.

The upcoming recession will tamp down discretionary spending as everyone stops being able to afford fun things, but people also make money for guns when times are bad. I think this normal is gonna persistent through 2024 at least.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I don't see 2019 prices ever coming back. Not with the money supply increased 40% in that time.

The upcoming recession will tamp down discretionary spending as everyone stops being able to afford fun things, but people also make money for guns when times are bad. I think this normal is gonna persistent through 2024 at least.
    To be honest one of the perks is that I have not had to tap into my strategic reserves of ammo.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I gave up retail store shopping for ammo years ago. Best bet is to buy online. Significant per round cost savings if you buy 500 to 1000 rounds. If you shop hard enough you can find good shipping deals too. I use wikiarms.com or gun.deals for most of my ammo purchases.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I gave up retail store shopping for ammo years ago. Best bet is to buy online. Significant per round cost savings if you buy 500 to 1000 rounds. If you shop hard enough you can find good shipping deals too. I use wikiarms.com or gun.deals for most of my ammo purchases.
    Same here. I hate to not shop at my local shops but their prices just can't compete. For example, my locals (no chain stores) are still asking $25 and up for target 9mm. Recently got some for $14.99 online.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Same here. I hate to not shop at my local shops but their prices just can't compete. For example, my locals (no chain stores) are still asking $25 and up for target 9mm. Recently got some for $14.99 online.
    Crap, imma run over to my local guy and get more, he’s $13.99 for ball 9mm, 5.56 is going for about $12 a box.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I see more ammo, and larger selections in the past few months
    Seems like virtually everywhere that sells ammo has been restocked.
    The problem now is not availability, but more can you afford/justify the cost.

I saw the writing on the wall after Sandy Hook.
    It was the "wrong time" then too, to get into hand loading, but I decided I was not going to be caught without ammo again.

Even components have skyrocketed, but it's never too late to start rolling your own.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think the bigger question for today is the conglomerates than seem to try to monopolize the market. The free market and competition works very well until these big operators successfully tie things up to normalize higher pricing.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Prices are still high on ammo, and they aren't putting out very many calibers yet either, also it is hurting reloaders trying to resupply there stocks also, With inflation going so strong, people do not have the expendable income they once had either. I am not seeing a lot of shooters at our local ranges myself, and the ones there are shooting mostly .22 ammo mainly. Fuel prices are getting really out of hand, heating oils and gas are up, food prices are up more than they say they are, I know people that are barely making ends meet and the housing prices have ballooned so much, then you have greatly inflated property taxes on top of that. My guess we are going to see our economy collapse if it isn't brought under control soon.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Today is the day, if you have not stocked up on magazines and ammo, oh and fill your tank as you're at it too eh?

And where is the $13, $14 9mm at? Is that shipped or store bought ?

Makes a difference with shipping, taxes is taxes.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    What is this reserve you speak of?.....I need more ammo, but my money say...eat first....oh and that pesky mortgage, and gas, power, and insurance......
    If someone hasn't stocked up over the past few years....

A major problem in this country is "keeping up with the Jones's" and people living above their means..... is this when it'll catch up to them?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    What is this reserve you speak of?.....I need more ammo, but my money say...eat first....oh and that pesky mortgage, and gas, power, and insurance......
    A lot of my reserves originated from the World Of Wally. Remember a few years back when. They took the high road and placated to the Left?

I was only too happy to pay $4.00 a box for 50 Rounds of Brass cased perfecta. As I said at the time if they are going to sell something that I can use for less than what they paid for it to make a point I am all in. So much that I purchased the stuff a case or two at a time. Let’s just say that I may have one or two or…. 5 gallon buckets vac sealed and full of 9mm.

Same with the Remington Green and White Box 45 acp and 9 mm JHP. Cool thing is that My 1911 and Ruger SR9C produce excellent groups with it and consistently does so. Probably should put on my fire suit for saying this…. But the Green and White Box produces similar results as Critical Duty.

I took a lot of #$*! For buying it at the time from a few co workers for stocking up on it, I mean some of them would not let go of it, that I was spending Money at Wally World.

spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    Look for a real hard push this time to get rid of being able to order anything gun related online. Everything is crumbling before our eyes, tie up the loose ends fella's.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    have you tried ammoseek?

i have found the best deals there

Top Bottom