• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I dropped my SP101 Saturday at the Alexandria gun show. I was checking out a vintage leather shoulder holster at my buddy Dolf's table. I had been checking various things on the holster and had unbuttoned the trigger area button and taken the gun out of the holster part and then put it back in without securing it. One of the straps wasn't secured so the holster part slipped and the gun fell out onto the floor.

Luckily since I am not especially tall the gun didn't fall far. Dolf didn't even see me do it but I confessed anyway. It does not appear that the gun was damaged. Just my ego a little. :)

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    dropped my SIG P238 twice. :( first time was similar to Roadie's bathroom mishap, and left a nice mark. 2nd time, gun was holstered in a decent leather IWB. hubby and i were looking at furniture, and we'd been sitting down, reclining, all that stuff. the holster somehow worked its way loose and both gun and holster fell on the carpeted floor. I was horrified and quickly picked it up and concealed it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    F5CAR46F11S8TQ8.LARGE.gif

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    249 posts and this thread hasn't turned into an OC vs CC debate! So disappointed in INGO right now!

I know, we can do a when it hits the floor do you leave it out in the open and let everyone see it (open) or do you quickly throw something over your gun to conceal it (concealed)? There's your open/concealed debate. :rolleyes:

SigTom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Of all terrible things, my carry handgun has taken a spill just a couple months back. I was getting off of work and my mother had just got a job where I was working. We both got off at the same time and I was taking her home that day. I usually leave my gun inside my truck where it'd be near impossible to find, but things filled my glove box and I didn't have enough room in the back to hide my handgun. So I did the quick generic thing. I put my handgun on the passengers seat covered with a shirt.... Well, that was my downfall. When we got off of work she opened the drivers side door, and yanked the shirt outward. My gun went flying to the ground and crashed with a hard hit. There is now a notch by the rails on my sig p229. I at first was M A D, but after time I guess it's just added personality

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    So if the tab on the striker or disconnector breaks, the transfer bar breaks, the trigger safety breaks, the trigger falls, thus disengaging the firing pin block, it is possible that it will fire.

All of which is as close to impossible to actually happening as you can get.

So is it a fair statement, based on your post, to say; "Discharge when dropped is technically possible, although highly unlikely." ?

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    I'm confused.

Have we decided that it's okay to do something dumb and pointless and potentially dangerous because there's only a minor chance that it will put a hole in something in which we do not want to put a hole, just to prove a point about how awesome our gun is on the internet? Is that where we're at? Yes?

Dang, but I love me some internets! :rolleyes:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm confused.

Have we decided that it's okay to do something dumb and pointless and potentially dangerous because there's only a minor chance that it will put a hole in something in which we do not want to put a hole, just to prove a point about how awesome our gun is on the internet? Is that where we're at? Yes?

Yep. :rolleyes:

The four safety rules dont apply if you own a Glock I guess, because nobody ever got shot by accident with one of those ... :n00b:
    I dont have enough purple ink for that post.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I'm confused.

You should know by now that if there are boys around there is bound to be some shenanigans going on. Now that someone has mentioned it, they have to do it just to prove it can or can't be done.

Top Bottom