Ever kill anything with your Mosin Nagant?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    Anyone ever killed anything with theirs? I'm thinking about taking mine coyote hunting. I'm pretty confident I'd be capable of an accurate hit out to about 120 yards or so. Mine is primarily a concrete block and milk jug killer, but it is decently accurate. :ar15: Thoughts? Stories? Comments?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I killed some paper with it a few times.

Mine's a 1939, so it may have killed something, or someone... but it refuses to tell me.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Shot a racoon with my M38. It kept digging into trash cans at night. Mosin was in living room closet. I was tired and angry at 3am with motion lights going off all the time (very rural area). Raccoon was in a word "destroyed". Other raccoons hang around but cause no problems, they are cool. Other than that just paper targets and cans and such.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Shot a squirrel... there wasn't much left but a smear of hair, bone, and red goo. Damn things eat all the birds food from the feeders!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I killed a couple of 20# propane tanks. Trying to perforate the old tanks so they could be recycled. Local scrap yard won't take them without holes. They want to be sure they're empty.

I lined up 5 tanks in a row, and shot with my Chinese T53 from about 50 yards. Clean hole through both sides of three tanks, entry hole in the forth, and dented the back-side of tank #4 out, and front side of tank #5 in.

This was using yellow-tipped steel-core rounds.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Coyote who invaded my neighbors chicken coop. Range about 150 yds, one shot, one kill. Neighbor made me a wooden sign: Beware, Owner shoots back. LOL. Coyote became the hunted after 11 dead chickens. 1928 model 91-30 w/ military ball ammo.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I killed my shoulder after 150 rounds during a day of shooting.

This ^^^

One trip to the Darlington range and a deer just casually crossed the 100 yard range. Everyone stopped to watch and then resumed shooting once she got to the woods on the other side. If she only knew...

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Nagant

A few years ago I killed this 5x8 at 189-90 yds
    My best kill yet.

S5030447.jpg

S5030260.jpg

Originally Posted by coban
    I killed my shoulder after 150 rounds during a day of shooting.

Get ya a limbsaver, increases the length of pull and keep that arm ripe for next days work!

Last edited:

aka-kesler

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Back about 13 yrs ago I bought my first Mosin.. Every casing I had to take a brass rod and drop it in (hard) to eject the spent casing..Needless to say I didn't own it long but I took out 5 wild dogs on some abandoned proprety I'd just purchased. Took me about a three week time period while I was cleaning and mowing etc. But got all of them.. One was about 60 yds and it sent him into somersalts.. most were at 100 yds plus... clean kills every one!!

Top Bottom