Ever read something that makes you scratch your head?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Meh... I'm sorry it seems like you've had some bad experiences. I don't even drink, but I'd be on the QC team.

32AF132000000578-0-image-a-9_1459377824021.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not all yeast is the same. Bread yeast =/= brewer's yeast.

However, vaginal yeast is not actually yeast, but a bacteria - lactobacillus - the same bacteria that sours yogurt. Typically, in beer that's a sign of an infection; apart from Belgian sour styles.

I think there have been other threads about this; some homebrewers and yogurt makers have attempted this with their own cultures with mixed results.

My thoughts? No; just no. Do not put a bottle of this in my judging queue at any competition.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    However, vaginal yeast is not actually yeast, but a bacteria - lactobacillus - the same bacteria that sours yogurt.

:scratch: <—see what I did there?

Anyway, no. Vaginal yeast is in fact yeast, not bacteria... lactobacillus is the bacteria present in a normal and healthy hoo-hah.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You know they would just outsource this to the lowest cost resource they could, and well... that would not be the same.

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    :scratch: <—see what I did there?

Anyway, no. Vaginal yeast is in fact yeast, not bacteria... lactobacillus is the bacteria present in a normal and healthy hoo-hah.

Yeast is a form of bacteria.

And the saying yeast is yeast is true to a point. They all do the same basic thing with just slightly different outcomes.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    omg... No, no it is not. It's a fungus. Did anyone here take basic biology? Both are unicellular organisms, but yeasts are eukaryotic and bacteria are prokaryotic.

So true. My guess is we all were too business being indoctrinated to be PC that biology took a back seat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candida_(fungus)

Anyways, I assumed that the beer would be fermented with her "normal culture" not from a fungal infection (the article is likely a misunderstanding); ergo, lacto (bacteria) not a fungus.

Again, I'm a brewer, not a microbiologist.

Top Bottom