• ...and so much more!
  • rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Anyone else plan on attending? I have the day off and plan to show up
    I am a definite "can't make it" tomorrow with my Dad's medical appointment.

Can we get a couple pro-2A butts in the seats? Scrolling up it looks like @rooster could use a wing-man (pun intended) or a Flight or a Squadron of pro-2A folks.

Thanks so much @rooster! (And @KellyinAvon for all of your work on constitutional carry)
    I wish I could attend but work is hell mode this week.

Just wanted to bump @KellyinAvon's point

Can we get a couple pro-2A butts in the seats to join @rooster?

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Met with Jacob, relayed my desire to see teachers Allowed to be (but not required) to be armed as well as the issue of police needing to get more training in cqc, de-escalation, ect so that falling to the level of training won’t leave us with another horrible event.

He brought up the legislation that senator Braun has already introduced to use Covid funds to harden schools ect.

Also brought up the current grid situation and he did seem very concerned and receptive of what I had to say regarding grid shortfalls due to premature closure in of traditional power plants like Merom.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Met with Jacob, relayed my desire to see teachers Allowed to be (but not required) to be armed as well as the issue of police needing to get more training in cqc, de-escalation, ect so that falling to the level of training won’t leave us with another horrible event.

He brought up the legislation that senator Braun has already introduced to use Covid funds to harden schools ect.

Also brought up the current grid situation and he did seem very concerned and receptive of what I had to say regarding grid shortfalls due to premature closure in of traditional power plants like Merom.
    Thanks for the update and representing the pro-2A crowd.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Something on Clay and Buck really had me yelling YES! Nothing is more debated in this country, where people have no idea what they are talking about, than guns.

I've noted before that arguing from a position of ignorance seems to be a badge of honor for the antis.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Thank you, good Sir.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil

Haven't Forgot. Hope there's a good alternative in 2024.

I didn’t have much for Braun before but when he spoke on this interview obviously he knows nothing about Use of Force (I’d like to know what Trooper he talked to as they are pretty squared away)

Braun needs to go back to his pre election job

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yet Braun is one of the most conservative Senators.
    In the Senate, the ten most conservative members are:
    • 1.00 Sen. Marsha Blackburn [R-TN]
    • 0.96 Sen. Joni Ernst [R-IA]
    • 0.91 Sen. Mike Braun [R-IN]
    • 0.91 Sen. Ted Cruz [R-TX]
    • 0.91 Sen. James “Jim” Inhofe [R-OK]
    • 0.91 Sen. Kevin Cramer [R-ND]
    • 0.90 Sen. Tom Cotton [R-AR]
    • 0.90 Sen. John Cornyn [R-TX]
    • 0.89 Sen. James Risch [R-ID]
    • 0.88 Sen. Marco Rubio [R-FL]
    1655473925885.png

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yet Braun is one of the most conservative Senators.

View attachment 206397
    Braun has been doing a pretty good job at voting with the constitution. He's got my vote for another term if he keeps doing well.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Qualified immunity needs to be neutered. I’m not sure how far it goes, or if it goes too far.

But using the Brooks shooting as an example of egregious use of force by police is absurd. Especially if by citing that as “egregious” he’s implying that his bill would be a remedy for that situation. It’s not. If that cop’s actions were “egregious” I don’t know how much more accountable the system could hold him than putting him on trial for murder!

Let’s cut through the parts of qualified immunity that are problematic. I think that’s necessary. I don’t think it requires bad arguments to get there. The BLM pandering is self serving.

None of the cases he mentioned have anything to do with qualified immunity. The cop in the George Floyd case was convicted. Qualified immunity is moot. LMPD was already successfully sued by the family and they got their payout. Well. Crumb probably got most of it. QI is moot in that case. And Brooks is charged with murder. QI is moot there too.

Top Bottom