• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    It’s funny to think of the evolution of carry handguns, from the flintlock, to the cap lock to 1911 and polymer guns to the micro pistols ….just pretty freaking cool, God Bless America!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 21
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Yes, they are evolving. I'm still doing my 110 year old design 1911s. Polymer and redots just aren't my thing. Seems like all the new handguns are looking about all the same, shooting the same calibers as before just with evolved bullets. Even with all the crap that is happening in this country, still the best in the world.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Heck I would argue the last 1-2 decades has seen a HUGE improvement in handgun technology specifically with regards to every day carry type handguns. When I was able to get my CCW around 2013 the hot handgun on the market was the 9mm shield , now not even 10 years later you cannot give a gen 1 shield in 40 away.

NVctqKD.jpg

I could not print a group that good at 10 yards standing with my non RDS equipped P365 to save my life. Times are a changing in the handgun world, I am interested to see how the added cost of optics will effect new users as time goes on.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yes, they are evolving. I'm still doing my 110 year old design 1911s. Polymer and redots just aren't my thing. Seems like all the new handguns are looking about all the same, shooting the same calibers as before just with evolved bullets. Even with all the crap that is happening in this country, still the best in the world.
    Though I do own a couple polymer handguns, I mostly shoot my 1911. I just love the trigger so much! Guns are sorta like cars. They all look somewhat the same.

Top Bottom