• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Papabeargsh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Anderson
    Indiana used to exempt now they are not. I have read the letter the ATF sent to FFL dealers the ATF has on thier web page here is a portion of the letter (Recently, the ISP informed ATF that although they will continue to conduct NICS checks on all applicants for licenses to carry handguns, effective October 1, 2003, the ISP only will apply State law in determining if a license should be denied. Accordingly, licenses may be issued to persons prohibited from possessing firearms under Federal law. Therefore, effective October 1, 2003, Indiana licenses to carry handguns will no longer qualify as alternatives to the NICS background check required under the Brady Law. This means that starting October 1, 2003, an FFL must contact the FBI to conduct a NICS check on all purchasers, including those possessing an Indiana license to carry a handgun.). What does Indiana not recognize the ATF does?

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    I remember the exemption, it was definitely nice to have. I thought I heard(not sure on this so don't quote me) it had to do with veterans and getting disability from PTSD. The government wanted the vets denied their 2nd amendment right and Isp didn't agree with it? Sorry been to long and wasn't that sure to begin with makes for very fuzzy memories.

Top Bottom