• ...and so much more!
  • A_Brit_In_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Greenwood, Indiana
    My wife and I went to the Exotic Feline Rescue Center today, and had a wonderful time, I don't know of any place where all that is between you and a 700lb Tiger is a wire fence.
    It was absolutely awesome to see these magnificent big cats, My only gripe was that the restroom is a porta-potty, But other than that it was well worth the $10 admission.
    They work off donations and all the cats I saw looked content and very well fed.
    If you have an hour to kill and don't mind a drive out, most definitely go and visit this place, They are open year round.

Exotic Feline Rescue Center
    2221 E. Ashboro Road, Center Point, IN 47840

(812) 835-1130.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yep. We have visited a bunch. Winter is the best for us. The cold reduces that smell a bit.

It is a big cat sanctuary first, and a tourist attraction second.

A volunteer got mauled recently. Forgot to shut a gate while in the pen. These guys are still wild....

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Love the place, haven't been since a few months ago. My fiance and myself (we had our first official non eating date there) went to the Spring Fling. Got to see the normal tour area, and then got to see the non public area. Here is some photos I have taken there.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...90774-exotic-feline-rescue-center-photos.html

another general thread. I need re upload photos apparently as I must have deleted them when freeing up space.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/224024-exotic-feline-rescue-center.html

mulsas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Westfield
    I have been once, and my wife and kids have been at least twice. We got our tour from the main guy who runs it, and it is interesting to hear him tell stories about where a lot of these big cats come from. Many revolve around idiots getting in trouble for other stuff, and the cats get seized too and sent here.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Use to be a wire fence was all that was between you and lions and tigers at the Indy zoo but they have since added plexiglass because people were poking the animals and also some got sprayed by the males LOL!!
    Yeah, I know what your thinking, who would be dumb enough to jump the wood fence and poke a lion or tiger with a stick but I seem it happen one day when visiting. Dummy!! Those things are strong enough to pull your ass right through a metal fence.

Top Bottom