• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    This is probably a long shot (pun intended), but does anyone know any long gun range. I'm talking 1000+ meters. I know about Young's on the north side. I'm willing to travel to the border states fora good shoot.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Went down there to shoot for the first time and was talked down to by several employees like i didnt know my head from my ass. Wont go back, wont do business with them, wouldnt recommend anyone else does either.

Thats just me.

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    Hillside's range goes out to 1000 yards, but you have to be a member to shoot past 250. Hillside Shooting Sports - Welcome to Hillside Shooting Sports That and Young's is all I'm aware of around NE Indiana that go out that far.

Any particular reason why? Just curious, I guess. I've never really had an issue with the guys down there.

The farthest I've shot is around 600, and I want to shoot longer. I figure go big or go home. The dream is to make the mile shot.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I have always wanted to own a piece of land that was 100 yards wide and 2 miles long. Land that looks like that is out there but they usually have high tension power lines on them.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have always wanted to own a piece of land that was 100 yards wide and 2 miles long. Land that looks like that is out there but they usually have high tension power lines on them.

I actually tried to buy a mile of a valley that was abandoned by the rail road in White county. Gravel lined, 4 to six feet deeper than the land on either side. Nothing but farm fields on either side. After a long time trying, I now believe that even a Senator cannot get through the maze that is the rail road system. I'll bet if I set up in prone position they would be able to find me

Last edited:

dennymac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    La Grange, KY
    Camp Atterbury and the Central Indiana High Power Rifle Shooters hold a competition that they call 'the longest shot'. The range there has berms going out to 2000 yards. You should look them up. There is a 1000 yard match there this weekend. KY State and Indiana State Championship matches. Look Here DennyMac

Top Bottom