• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UNCLE HARLEY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    Kendallville
    Can anyone recommend an extra loud wired doorbell or loud doorbell extender for an elderly person. 1st hand experiences only please. My mom is liking her tv really loud these days & missed a visit from an old friend because she didn't hear the doorbell.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    Easiest way to ensure a doorbell is extra loud is to have a sleeping baby.
    or a dog, i swear the worst thing is when the doorbell rings and the kids are sleeping and the dogs are freaking out.

We have a Nutone in our house, it is pretty loud at the door but also rings to all the intercoms in the house so each room kinda has its own little doorbell ringer in it.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    or a dog, i swear the worst thing is when the doorbell rings and the kids are sleeping and the dogs are freaking out.

We have my daughter's dog for a while and he goes nuts when he hears a doorbell, even one on TV. You wouldn't think that the sound of a doorbell happens very often on TV, but you would be surprised. There's one commercial that catches us by surprise at lease a couple of times a day. Even the bell on Family Feud sets him off.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Use an old fashion bell with a striker and fast alternating solenoid. You can get one at Menards for $10 - $12.

Top Bottom