• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Is anyone aware of eye exercises that can help with sight acquisition and alignment? I'd prefer to do some exercises that don't require using an unloaded gun in the house. It would keep the wife happy as well.:D

Thanks in advance.

Ebenezer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Not really an exercise, but I've been trying the clear tape over non-dominant eyeglass lens technique that Brian Enos uses... it really helps to quickly focus on the front sight and keeping both my eyes open eliminates eye fatigue. I never got used to squinting or trying to keep one eye closed.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Have you considered an inert training replica, ie "blue gun?"

TrainingBlueLarge.jpg

weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    i exercise my eyes everytime i go to the mall. As i get older they stay the saaaaaaame age.

Just got back from the mall and my eye's are better already! Good thing I live 2 minutes from Greenwood Park Mall! I'll be a sharpshooter in no time at all.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    If you can see the front sight, . . .

and can recognize the bad guy and what's beyond him/ her in the distance, then your eyes are fine for the craft you seek to perfect.

Having seen some amazing feats of shooting both live and on the tube, I believe some people are born with the ability to focus so completely that what they can do seems impossible to the rest of us. Doesn't mean you can't improve, but have some realistic goals.

There are MANY bassketball players who have practiced night and day for years, but there is only ONE Michael Jordan.

Vanguard.45

Top Bottom