• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was just advised I could not have my weapon uncovered in the pawn shop on 37th Ave across from the McNastys. The 20something clerk advised me i'd half to be concealed technically. LOL... I told him my license is for carry, openly or concealed. He stated there was a sign on the door which I hadn't noticed but if I didn't wish to cover I could leave. He's within his right, so I voted with my dollars and left. Where my weapon isn't welcomed neither is my wallet.

If you're in the area the pawn shop on Central ave. and DeKalb is much friendlier. Usually a LSPD is working, better prices and was never asked to "cover or leave".

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Really? It's not like clerk said GTFO.

I was just advised I could not have my weapon uncovered in the pawn shop on 37th Ave across from the McNastys. The 20something clerk advised me i'd half to be concealed technically. LOL... I told him my license is for carry, openly or concealed. He stated there was a sign on the door which I hadn't noticed but if I didn't wish to cover I could leave. He's within his right, so I voted with my dollars and left. Where my weapon isn't welcomed neither is my wallet.

If you're in the area the pawn shop on Central ave. and DeKalb is much friendlier. Usually a LSPD is working, better prices and was never asked to "cover or leave".

Not in those words but yeah, he pretty much did

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

That's exactly my opinion.

noname1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Just curious, do you think the Westboro Baptist Church is a great representative of the First Amendment? Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. It sounds like this business is just trying to keep people that are afraid of the sight of firearms from running out of their store in terror. He isn't saying you can't carry or bring it in his store. In my opinion, you are being a little unreasonable. You could have just covered it with a jacket or you shirt and there would not have been an issue.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Just curious, do you think the Westboro Baptist Church is a great representative of the First Amendment? Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. It sounds like this business is just trying to keep people that are afraid of the sight of firearms from running out of their store in terror. He isn't saying you can't carry or bring it in his store. In my opinion, you are being a little unreasonable. You could have just covered it with a jacket or you shirt and there would not have been an issue.

So he's being unreasonable because he left a private business and spent money elsewhere because he doesn't agree with their policies? There are plenty of places I choose to not shop at because of certain things, but I guess a reasonable person just throws money at ideas he doesn't agree with? Seems logical to me.

noname1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    It is a polarizing issue. The business just wants money from both sides. I think he is reasonable to ask someone to cover up instead of putting a no firearms sign on the door. The no firearms sign would be unreasonable. As a businessman he isn't trying to make a political point, he just wants to keep people happy and shopping.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Where does a gun go when you cover it up? Has it somehow been magically transported somewhere else? or is it still on your hip?

noname1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    It's there, but not as upsetting to the other customers. (Not taking sides... just saying.)
    Exactly, what they don't see doesn't create panic. I'm not interested in further debate. I have stated my opinion and respect your right to have an opinion and shop where you please. I am just concerned that your approach may not be as helpful to those supporting the Second Ammendment as you may think.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Exactly, what they don't see doesn't create panic. I'm not interested in further debate. I have stated my opinion and respect your right to have an opinion and shop where you please. I am just concerned that your approach may not be as helpful to those supporting the Second Ammendment as you may think.
    So what, hidden your Second Ammendment right will give it further support?

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    No further debate? So you just like to state your opinion and then not stay around and defend it? You seem to already understand that if you were engaged in debate you may actually realize how ridiculous your statement and opinion really are.

I'm not making this into a CC vs OC debate because you've already done that.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    No further debate? So you just like to state your opinion and then not stay around and defend it? You seem to already understand that if you were engaged in debate you may actually realize how ridiculous your statement and opinion really are.

I'm not making this into a CC vs OC debate because you've already done that.

The above are just fightin words. There's no real "debate" on OC / CC on this forum. Just a bunch of mudslinging and name calling and dead horse beating.

Safe the horses!!

Top Bottom