• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pharaoh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2015
    Indianapolis
    This is making it even worse. The FB groups are fleeing to MeWe.com, GunDistrict.com and some GunTrader site. Every body and his brother is setting up their own sites. So with three sites, it is going to be even more diluted.

I agree. It's tough on forum and will probably only get worse.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I admin Indiana Gun Post with about 20,000 members. Facebook gave us no notification they were taking the group down besides what was posted by others. However! They have given us a second chance. Yesterday we received notification that is we removed any inproper posts we could have the group back. Currently we are removing any BST posts for firearms and ammunition. As soon as they are cleaned up FB will review the group and decide if it can be opened back up to the public. There will be new rules and we will be pointing people to Indiana Gun Post - Index page to complete their transactions.
    On another BS note it seems FB is now lumping paintball guns/markers in with firearms. They are so stupid it's ridiculous!

wckd99GT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2015
    Columbus
    Really, whats the point if you can't BST? That was the whole purpose of those groups. Why are they relenting now, albeit only slightly?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I admin Indiana Gun Post with about 20,000 members. Facebook gave us no notification they were taking the group down besides what was posted by others. However! They have given us a second chance. Yesterday we received notification that is we removed any inproper posts we could have the group back. Currently we are removing any BST posts for firearms and ammunition. As soon as they are cleaned up FB will review the group and decide if it can be opened back up to the public. There will be new rules and we will be pointing people to Indiana Gun Post - Index page to complete their transactions.
    On another BS note it seems FB is now lumping paintball guns/markers in with firearms. They are so stupid it's ridiculous!

But think of the children.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Improper posts in their eyes are ones that offer firearms or ammunition for sale or trade or the offer to buy. Pretty much the workaround is that you can post I have a Glock 17 with blah blah blah. PM for more details. Even then it's a thin line. I think they relented as they received a lot of bad press about removing the groups so quickly and their stock value dropped. Zuckerburg owns 51% but the rest is publicly traded. I'm guessing the other stock holders pitched a ***** so something had to be done.

Top Bottom