• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I like FB….easier than calling someone…can just say a few words and be done. I'm not too social in person, and not many friends on Facebook but some send me request…..I post a lot of anti liberal stuff……they find out fast and I have no plans to stop…..so either they get use to it or THEY unfollow me, which is ok…I don't hide my beliefs or faith under a bucket so someone else isn't offended…..some people need to be offended IMHO.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I was on FB when my daughter was living in Saipan for a year so I could see her pictures. Then I deactivated it when she returned home. I had just a few "friends" when I shut it down.

Recently I re-activated it because my CrossFit gym posts the weekly workouts and other community information. I have been systematically Unfollowing the people that were on from when I was on it earlier. If they post more than once or twice a day, I unfollow them.

Like RVB says, FB is what you make of it. I enjoy knowing what's going on at my gym, the rest I can leave.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    After getting a few pro Obama posts on facebook from relatives on wife's side I posted that I'd like to keep politics out of the discussion as there is no good to come of it. Several of my wife's relatives are liberals and I have no desire to influence them. It would be like urinating in the wind. A couple days later (today) wife's cousin posts a video of Obama tearing up as he honors Michelle and the crowd applauds. I really don't want this crap on my facebook but if I defriend the cousin I will cause a lot of family problems. My wife is a strong conservative but is more tolerant of liberals than I am.

Should I just roll with this crap? I know the cousin is doing this to bust my B&%^s.
    if you have serious problems because you unfriend someone on Facebook then you already had problems.

For other people with REAL problems, you don't know what problems are. Be thankful.

p.s. Defriend all those pond sucking scum liberals
    facebook is just an info source for me. Friends or non friends on there isn't real, I've accepted people just to do it. I am who I am and I don't play fake with anyone not even family. If you like obama or think he or Hillary are awesome then we aren't friends and never will be until you get a labotomy.
    people need to stop being so ****ing dependent on the internet. Facebook linking up with people for a whole lifetime takes you away from the now and what you should be focused on I believe. Relationships and friendships and acquaintances and interest or hobbies come and go. Let them go.
    live for today.
    For people who just have current family or friends then cool I get that. But if you are following someone you went to elementary school with then your life now must suck. That's my opinion. Flame on!
    also when people hit me up because they can see I'm online (because it tells you), instant block

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I only have a "shill" facebook account so I can read and comment on news sites, since most have gone to "facebook only" for their comment sections. I have no facebook friends. As others have said, anyone I want to keep in touch with has my number or at least my email address.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Had too much trouble figuring out how to do things on there and people that push their agenda endlessly, what ever it is, annoy me so I deactivated it and if any of you know how I can completely delete it so it can't be reactivated I would appreciate knowing how.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Had too much trouble figuring out how to do things on there and people that push their agenda endlessly, what ever it is, annoy me so I deactivated it and if any of you know how I can completely delete it so it can't be reactivated I would appreciate knowing how.

I find great joy leaving fact filled common sense posts to counter any lib idiocy these bean brains post. It is pretty easy to do. After a few well worded posts their heads start to swell and the name calling comes out. It is kind of fun if you look at it this way.
    The left is really struggling right now.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I only have a "shill" facebook account so I can read and comment on news sites, since most have gone to "facebook only" for their comment sections. I have no facebook friends. As others have said, anyone I want to keep in touch with has my number or at least my email address.

This is pretty much how I do it as well. I use an alternate spelling of my name. I follow a few shooting pages, the local HAM club, the weather pages & Skywarn, our local sheriff. In my county & the county my wife works in, the sheriffs don't update their own pages. Anything they need to get out to the public they put on FB. If you want to know what's going on you pretty much have to have an account. I have no real people on my friends or liked pages, only organizations. I have NO personal information listed and everything is set as private as can be. You have to keep checking the privacy options. Every time they change something the default is to leave crap as wide open as possible.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have a couple family members that are leftists. One of them posts libtard crap periodically. I just disregard it. Family is family and I am not going to be a snowflake (not saying you are) and give him the satisfaction of knowing his crap bugs me.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks for the interesting replies. Expat, you are right, disregarding it makes sense. Not going to go after wife's cousin on this. She's really a nice lady, but misguided.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You can simply "unfollow" the person without actually having to "unfriend" them. I have done this to several people who I don't want to hurt but also don't want to see their crap on FB.

I've done this with people who post a bunch of junk on FB.
    As to hard left political posts from people on my FB Friend's List, I love challenging their BS. :laugh:

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Like others have said you can unfollow the people who are posting those things. Kinda funny I had a friend on fb who was a hardcore Democrat always posting crap and so on election night it was pretty hilarious to see him crying the blues that the Republicans won in Indiana. Now I never posted anything negative towards him, but as soon as I made a post about liking Trumps speech except where he thanked Hilary for her service, he must've unfriended me because the next day we were no longer friends.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    unfollow, and they're not the wiser... still friends. less drama... unlike the following

2012 election put a strain on things between me and friends back home in NY. I predicted 2016 would be worse. and surprise it was.
    I unfriended a **** ton of people who seem to put their political beliefs over a lifetime friendship, leading up to the election... the usual, 'if you voted for trump you must be a racist', etc... The all accepting left seems to be less accepting when it is not their specific viewpoint. I struggled with this concept with them re: guns all this time... Now it appears, I am the epitome of a toothless redneck just itching to shoot and lynch any foreigner or lgbt that comes across my path, despite everything they know of me personally. sucks all around. :(

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    unfollow, and they're not the wiser... still friends. less drama... unlike the following

2012 election put a strain on things between me and friends back home in NY. I predicted 2016 would be worse. and surprise it was.
    I unfriended a **** ton of people who seem to put their political beliefs over a lifetime friendship, leading up to the election... the usual, 'if you voted for trump you must be a racist', etc... The all accepting left seems to be less accepting when it is not their specific viewpoint. I struggled with this concept with them re: guns all this time... Now it appears, I am the epitome of a toothless redneck just itching to shoot and lynch any foreigner or lgbt that comes across my path, despite everything they know of me personally. sucks all around. :(

The result is, of course, they are tolerant of everyone except those who don't agree with them.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I keep a couple liberal FB friends. Usually scroll past but it is interesting watching their feed sometimes. Reminds me not to get all my news from the same places. Makes you more informed but doesn't mean you need to change your views nor expect them to change theirs. If it bothers you change your FB settings.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My thoughts: If you post your political view point it's open for discussion, otherwise you would not have posted it. If you don't like my response you can block me. I don't troll people. But if you post something I feel is really stupid or misinformation you will probably get a comment form me.

I am lucky. 99% of my relatives are like me, conservative. Probably 75% of my friends are too. The liberal ones tolerate me or they have blocked me and I don't know it. :):

Top Bottom