• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaWoodsman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    East Central
    I believe that Sailor covered this topic very well. He is far more well versed than I. My opinion here comes from personal experience, observations and learnings.
    I very strongly believe that He will take care of His people in times of trials. I also believe that if we do not help ourselves, using the Word as our guidepost, that He might overlook some of the help. He lays before us all that we need to survive. Anything and everything that we could ever need is provided on this earth without need of special tools to obtain it.
    I will not be one of the many taking refuge in the church, waiting for the end of the world. I will be out there fighting the evil that is trying to overtake us. I am stocking up on munitions but not on food. The munitions can get me food and defend my family and storehouse.
    i do not believe that this is the end of the world. I believe that there are many good followers left on earth and that there is still a possibility of turning around the death of the earth. I do not believe that Christ will return until earth's demise is imminent.

laws1785

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Noblesville
    I had the exact same question when I first felt the "urge" to prep. I did research through The Book and came to the conclusion that we do what we can and trust in God to provide the rest. God usually provides through natural methods, rarely through supernatural methods. He has provided extra financial resources for me to prep for my family. If you ever put your trust in your supplies over your trust in the Almighty, then you have a problem!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    If you die from famine or a bullet from stealing your harvest, what is the difference? This is rhetorical, there is a huge difference. You should sit and wait for something wonderful or awful to happen, make it happen.

BTW one of my past pastors hated the phrase "God only helps those who help themselves" it teaches that God loves some more than others, and some of use are more worthy of his Love. Which of course isn't true. None of us are worthy!

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm pretty much convinced that we aren't really praying until we reach the point of helplessness. Up until that point, we are saying words supposedly directed to God, but relying on our own devices. Once we stop relying on ourselves, then we can rely on God, and real prayer happens.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    God gave me a brain....it's up to me to use it in the way that He wants.
    BTW, David is my hero....I got to pick my middle name when I was adopted at 8 years old and I picked his:D
    :twocents:
    Bob

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I will not be one of the many taking refuge in the church, waiting for the end of the world. I will be out there fighting the evil that is trying to overtake us. I am stocking up on munitions but not on food. The munitions can get me food and defend my family and storehouse.

Munitions and no food? I guess you mean you will be hunting your food.... I hope that's what you mean. The 10 Commandments still apply when the SHTF.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Munitions and no food? I guess you mean you will be hunting your food.... I hope that's what you mean. The 10 Commandments still apply when the SHTF.

Agreed! It would be a shame if the family starved to death because dad decided "take" food from others, and was killed, instead of storing his/their own for the family.

So, yeah, I'm hoping that hunting (wild life) is what IndianaWoodsman had in mind.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Agreed! It would be a shame if the family starved to death because dad decided "take" food from others, and was killed, instead of storing his/their own for the family.

So, yeah, I'm hoping that hunting (wild life) is what IndianaWoodsman had in mind.

Let us hope, stealing and pillaging wouldn't exactly be Godly either.

Blue River Guns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Mr. Hoppes Great Question to discuss! Sailor awesome and very detailed bible based answer!

I simply want to reference the books of both I and II Thessalonians written by Paul. In I Thessalonians Paul teaches about the return of Christ to the church in Thessalonica and then writes II Thessalonians to clear up erroneous teaching that had entered the church after Paul left. Many of the Thessalonians were basically not working, storing, or doing anything. Simply camping out waiting for the return of Christ and some even thought they had missed it all together. II Thes. chapter 2 addresses the need to simply remain steadfast as we eagerly wait for the return of Christ.

For me and my house we will serve the Lord. Which means first be ready spiritually and have a personal relationship with Jesus as Lord and Savior. Second being ready to provide for ourselves as well as our neighbor in a time of need (food, protection, whatever). What a great way to share the love of Christ as we "look for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ." Titus 2:13

If interested I preached a 9 part series on the return of Christ which you can download at www.nscmc.net in the archived sermons section. Notes are available as well and it is all free to you! I don't claim to have it all right and I am willing to admitt I might be wrong on some areas discussed. Only God knows how it will all play out. I do trust Him! It took 3 years of personal study and prayer before I was able to pull that series together, but it seemed to encourage those who were willing to dig in and learn together about living in the latter days!

God Bless,
    pw

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    My Grandma always said that people can be divided into two basic groups.
    Those that can and do.
    And then those that teach and preach...

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I am a Christian, but I have a different take on God taking care of me.

Has there ever been a Christian who starved to death?
    Has there ever been a Christian who was killed?:ar15:
    Has there ever been a Christian who went naked?

Obviously the answer is YES!, so either...

1: God doesnt take care of Christians
    2: God taking care of Christians has a different meaning.

I choose #2. In the eternal scheme of things, the physical things of this world mean little. God surely takes care of Christians spiritually, and that is what really matters. If I happen to get some physical blessings while on this earth, those are just bennies, :rockwoot:I dont EXPECT any.

So I need to be ready for anything and prepared to support and defend my family.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    This is like asking "If I stand in front of a train, will god stop it from hitting me?" Better to prepare and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

Top Bottom