• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I'm lucky enough to be off the next few weekends and I'm looking for ideas on some drives to check out some fall foliage. Don't mind driving a couple hours from the Indy area. Recently was driving I-75 back from a trip down in Tenn. and used the Indiana SR 1 route from I-275. Are there some good drives around that part of the state? Anyone have a specific route they like to take? Also looking for suggestions on places to spot and grab a burgers or chicken, plus any other interesting historic places. Any areas with elevated overlooks, either driving up or a short hike?

cav_cdr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Columbus
    Brown County State Park usually provides plenty of nice scenery when the leaves are changing color. I haven't been out that way lately to confirm. SR46 from Columbus to west of Nashville can be nice but, during the fall, can also be heavily traveled as a lot of others like the scenery.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I always enjoyed a drive around Friendship, IN. It sits in a valley, and there are some nice roads down here. The store in town always made a mean deli sandwich too. I suggest taking 129 south of Versailles, and turning left on signor hill road. It crosses the creek, there is no bridge. Turn right when you get out of the creek, then when you go back up the valley, turn right at the T and stay on cave hill road. It goes right into town. There are other ways to do it, but I think this is the prettiest way.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Park County south of Rockville. Back in the hills and hollars and over towards Turkey Run St. Park.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Brown County State Park usually provides plenty of nice scenery when the leaves are changing color. I haven't been out that way lately to confirm. SR46 from Clumbus to west of Nashville can be nice but, during the fall, can also be heavily traveled as a lot of others like the scenery.

Stay outta Brown County. It's tourist season and we shoot 'em down there.
    :ar15:

Nashville is the county seat and anybody without an interest In the tourist trade HATES leaf peepers. They make it nearly impossible to get anything accomplished at the county offices.

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    I always enjoyed a drive around Friendship, IN. It sits in a valley, and there are some nice roads down here. The store in town always made a mean deli sandwich too. I suggest taking 129 south of Versailles, and turning left on signor hill road. It crosses the creek, there is no bridge. Turn right when you get out of the creek, then when you go back up the valley, turn right at the T and stay on cave hill road. It goes right into town. There are other ways to do it, but I think this is the prettiest way.

This is a nice area for sure . If I'm thinking right , after you cross the creek there is a place that has some elk right along the road . If you make it into Friendship , the tavern has some pretty good food and a cold beer . Would be a scenic drive this time of year for sure .

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Yup, before you come back up the hill... Friendship is a nice little town. Just dont go during the shoot if you want it to be peaceful... lol, that place gets PACKED

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I saw some people suggest brown county and turkey run... But driving from bloomington you can hit mc'cormicks creek and if you take off of 46 from after spencer toward clay city on 246, that highway is amazing for scenery in the fall! I'll take it from time to time for kicks...

Top Bottom