• ...and so much more!
  • clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I live in a small cottage on a med sized lake. I am surrounded by lots of trees.

I am sitting here watching the leaves fall from the trees. Lots of them falling and I find it relaxing and pleasing to see the leave fall almost like snowflakes.

While I know they will be a pain to clean up later, then again that is why I have a teenage daughter. Not so hard for me as her....LOL

Who else enjoys watching fall change the landscape and mood of nature?

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Love it. I like spring also but fall is my favoite. Absolutely beautiful. Yeah the leaves can be a pain but still beautiful. Although I do miss my hummingbirds now. I have not seen any for a couple of days now.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Judging by the coats on the cattle and horses, we could be in for a nice long fall season. I also noticed my brother's dog, who is outside all the time, still has his summer coat too.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I live in a small cottage on a med sized lake. I am surrounded by lots of trees.

I am sitting here watching the leaves fall from the trees. Lots of them falling and I find it relaxing and pleasing to see the leave fall almost like snowflakes.

While I know they will be a pain to clean up later, then again that is why I have a teenage daughter. Not so hard for me as her....LOL

Who else enjoys watching fall change the landscape and mood of nature?
    ^^^^This, minus the lake, and the teenage daughter! However, I do have 2 puppies, a Pug, and a Boston Terrier. They are acting like they want to help with the leaf collection, as in eating them! Wonderful time of year.

bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    its my favorite time to ride my motorcycle also...i love goin through browncounty and southern indiana in the fall. if its nice this sat im goin to kentucky on the bike. cant wait to see the landscape and enjoy the weather on the way!

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Love it. I like spring also but fall is my favoite. Absolutely beautiful. Yeah the leaves can be a pain but still beautiful. Although I do miss my hummingbirds now. I have not seen any for a couple of days now.

I put my hummingbird feeders up just last week. I miss them but they will be back next spring.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm not a big fan of 80s in the fall. Fall means football weather. I do love 80s+ in the summer but the rest of the year could be mid 30s and I'd be plenty happy.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I'm not a big fan of 80s in the fall. Fall means football weather. I do love 80s+ in the summer but the rest of the year could be mid 30s and I'd be plenty happy.

I agree with you. We went to a corn maze and picked pumpkins last weekend and it just wasn't right doing it in t-shirt and shorts!

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    The colors in Brown County are almost at their peak. If the weather holds and the wind doesn't blown too hard this week this coming weekend is going to be one of the most spectacular in many years.

As for the leaves...I'm a strong believer that God put them there for a reason. Why should I try to second guess Him and do somthing foolish like raking them up?

The deer haven't began putting on their heavy coats yet, so I agree it may be a warmer then normal winter. BTW saw a magnifigant 12 point buck in my back yard evening before last...what a stud!

Top Bottom