• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eric0321

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 9, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Passed the torrent file to my server back home. Hopefully will be downloaded and waiting for me after work. Woot!

They're waiting for you, Gordon. In the Test Chamber!

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Alright.....what exactly is this? Haven't been following Mr. Freeman for years....

I know black mesa is where it all started, but what is different about this?

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Alright.....what exactly is this? Haven't been following Mr. Freeman for years....

I know black mesa is where it all started, but what is different about this?

It looks like Half-Life redone on the CS:S engine. I will let you know more later after I kick the **** out of some head crabs.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Got your crowbars ready?

ce563763-a570-40ae-9a90-67efe15d2eb6.jpg

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    So I started playing it tonight, there's a couple of things so far different (haven't gotten that far yet), but I really like the changes. Listen to all the dialog before you make the SHTF, some of it is REALLY funny.

Eric0321

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 9, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Made it to the lift that goes down at an angle while it rains head crabs on you.

Definitely some changes, all pretty good so far though!!! Even includes the subtleties from the original; such as the alarm under Barny's desk and the casserole in the microwave :)

Stupid work getting in the way of my gaming!

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    :wow: I did not know this mod existed! Looks amazing. It's totally a nostalgia day now. Thank you for sharing, OP! +1! Nice to know there are some fellow gamers on here - with good taste to boot! :)

Slight off topic: has anyone heard anything about the next installment or a possible date yet?

Eric0321

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 9, 2010
    Brownsburg
    :wow: I did not know this mod existed! Looks amazing. It's totally a nostalgia day now. Thank you for sharing, OP! +1! Nice to know there are some fellow gamers on here - with good taste to boot! :)

Slight off topic: has anyone heard anything about the next installment or a possible date yet?

Are you talking about Half Life 2 Episode 3, Half Life 3, or the Xen part of Black Mesa?

I would be ecstatic or HL2 Ep3 but I wont hold my breath :xmad:

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Anything, something, just throw me a scrap...VALVE!!! But I have some unreconciled feelings about HL2E2 so I'd really like to get some closure :'(

Not holding my breath, either.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I hate you guys.....spent some time on this the last couple days. I'm in the middle of Episode 10 as of earlier this afternoon.

I forgot how much I hate water levels and these darn conveyors aren't much better...

J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    Thank you for bringing this to my attention! I had no idea this was coming out. I still replay the original half-life once a year. Love that game.

2012-10-21_00001.jpg

Found this in one of the levels and just busted out laughing. I love it when the developers put this kind of stuff in the game and this "remake" has been full of them.

Top Bottom