• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    While watching tv the orher day I noticed this pickup and I remember seeing it on INGO.

This guy is now on Street Outlaws on Discovery.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    That show has to be staged (I know, it is reality TV), especially the cops not being there while they race. The few times the cops have been in the show, it looked like some of the cop cars had the word "police" on magnet billboards on the side of the car.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    It's staged.... I used to do the street racing thing and lived in OKC for a while. Guys don't set up the huge spot lights or park their truck and trailers for all to see, trucks get parked around the corner out of sight, no big flood lights, no paying off security guards or anything.... If you wanted to race someone you found them and asked if they wanted to go the everyone decided on a place to go that night many hours later and it was already like 10pm.

The stuff they put on the ground is a form of home made VHT called pimp juice... It has been around since like the early 2000's and if I remember right was made by someone in OKC and it does work! At one point you could buy it online, I'm sure you still can.

im not a fan of the in maturity in the street racing crowd, guys not paying their mortgages to buy car parts and putting the cars over their familes is very real and not drama that discovery is putting into it. All the trash talk is mostly drama (keep in mind I used to be apart of the car scene out there).

most would not consider those cars street cars when they are driven to and from the races on a trailor, murders car has a very high dollar pro line engine in it, good luck finding someone with one of those willing to drive one on the street other than to race it. To many people call a car a steet car when in reality it's a race car that is only actually driven off and on the trailor.

im sure discovery channel makes aragements with the cops. No way to load the cars and pack up those flood lights fast if someone yells cops.

It's a show that is loosely based on reality.

I know of a local 55 chevy that is blown and alky injected that runs 6's in the quarter that you sometimes see cruising.... Those cars are considerd street cars by their owners just because they race on the street..... Not because they are actually street driven....

there are MANY cars out there that are that fast... You just don't see them doing stupid stuf on the street because that much power on the street is just suicide outside on cruising and giving it some gas here and there. I can think of quite a few guys here in town that would be in the top 3 on that show easily. It's not as impressive as they make it out to be, many people are at that level..... They are just smart enough to keep it off the street and tracks that are not prepped well.

Last edited:

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    From the looks of that wheelie he needs a little suspension work.

Would make one fast vehicle to get the hogs to the market quick to take advantage of spiking bacon prices.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    So awesome. I cannot imagine driving that thing 128 mph.

I can report that a bone stock '72 Chevy 3/4 ton with a 350 will do at least 125 mph. It does take alot longer than 10 seconds. Don't ask how I know. I have teenage children who are driving. I will deny any knowledge of the incident.:whistle:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    there are MANY cars out there that are that fast... You just don't see them doing stupid stuf on the street because that much power on the street is just suicide outside on cruising and giving it some gas here and there. I can think of quite a few guys here in town that would be in the top 3 on that show easily. It's not as impressive as they make it out to be, many people are at that level..... They are just smart enough to keep it off the street and tracks that are not prepped well.

I look at tires...

I'm not an owner of a fast car - at least not fast in THIS sense.

But I AM fond of cars. And I do tend to notice irregular things.

Like "hey, that old car has rather wide tires on the back"... or "hey, that Camero has some pillar-mounted gauges" Or "that car has a funny whine/whistle".

I like finding the "tells".

And if I had the money, I think it'd be great fun to build a TRUE sleeper - similar to that old truck. One with very few external "tells".

-J-

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I had a car once that was a bit if a sleeper. It ran quite a bit faster then others with similar work..... The problem was that everyone then wanted to race because they picked up on the tells. I then had a car that was. A nasty big block car with open exhaust nasty cam and a 300 shot and on just a 125 shot it ran like a 10.4@136 (9 sec mph)spinning hard, it later had some suspension work done and had stickier tires put on it but was still a small tire car that was shifted at 8k. There was nothing to hide with that car and I liked it the most because people left me alone haha.

I look at tires...

I'm not an owner of a fast car - at least not fast in THIS sense.

But I AM fond of cars. And I do tend to notice irregular things.

Like "hey, that old car has rather wide tires on the back"... or "hey, that Camero has some pillar-mounted gauges" Or "that car has a funny whine/whistle".

I like finding the "tells".

And if I had the money, I think it'd be great fun to build a TRUE sleeper - similar to that old truck. One with very few external "tells".

-J-

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Friend of mine has a full sized 78 (maybe 79...can't remember) van. Runs a 10 second quarter mile. It's definitely one of the most unbelievable things I've ever seen.

I wonder how much kinetic energy is involved with that weight and speed hitting a brick wall

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    From the looks of that wheelie he needs a little suspension work.

Would make one fast vehicle to get the hogs to the market quick to take advantage of spiking bacon prices.

To market. to market, to buy a fat pig
    Jiggety, jiggety . . . HIT THE NITROUS!!!

Speaking of sleepers . . .

In the early 80s, I read in an issue of one of the hot rod magazines a letter from a guy who lived in the Ft. Wayne area. He had a Chrysler Cordoba that looked stock, but according to the letter it had a 426 hemi and other accoutrements for going fast. He wrote that he liked to cruise around on the freeway looking for corvettes and other fast cars to humiliate in impromptu speed contests.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That same truck is part of a series about street racing in Oklahoma. It is called "Farm Truck" in that series. The series title escapes me this morning but it is a fun watch for me having grown up doing the very same thing.

Top Bottom