• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Saw an article in this week's Farm World about a sustainability expo. at the Indiana State Fairgrounds this weekend. Focus on small ag ops between 1 to 100.
    Ag. Dept, livestock exhibitors etc. will all be there. Anybody know first hand about this show? Worth going?

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Haven't heard a peep about this. Sounds interesting as long as it isn't some type of "craft" show. Bottom line they have to show me is how I can afford my insurance if I leave my job. I know you can get insurance, but there is not any group safety in a personal policy, one bad claim (cancer) and you are on your own, they drop you, no one else touches you because of "prior situations". If farmers themselves could form a group, then it would change the whole picture for a lot of people.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Agree completely. I am already in a self employed position and have to pay almost 12K a year for health insurance out of pocket!:xmad: Never been sick nor have wife or kids.

Just don't want to lose a day going to a show focused on selling homemade jellies and jams when I could be getting some real work done.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    If only we had some sort of universal health care program...

Agree completely. I am already in a self employed position and have to pay almost 12K a year for health insurance out of pocket!:xmad: Never been sick nor have wife or kids.

Just don't want to lose a day going to a show focused on selling homemade jellies and jams when I could be getting some real work done.

Top Bottom