Fashionable gunbelts for women, do they even exist?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MiaMiaPP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Avon
    Holla to all ladies out there

I haven't started carrying yet (still waiting for my permit) but I've been looking over the internet for a "girly" concealed carry belt sturdy enough to hold up my Beretta px4 compact. Anyway, do you absolutely need a gunbelt or a regular belt would work fine? And if I do, where could I fine a decent one under $50-60 or so.

I'm 20 yo and live in the city so obviously I don't want to wear something that looks like a duty belt / men's belt, which is all I could find.

Thanks!

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    I use a regular women's belt from Eddie Bauer, and it's a pretty sturdy leather belt as far as women's belts go. I usually carry a Glock 26. I'm not sure if that's heavier than what you're carrying. The regular belt works ok for me, but I wonder if the gun would conceal a little better with a gun belt. I've never bothered testing out my husband's belt.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I kind of go by the "if you can bend/roll it, it's not sturdy enough". That being said, you may not find something "off the rack" that's to your liking. You can always take your stuff to a leather shop and have them girly-customize it. Talk about "one of a kind"...

MooreALX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Hartford City
    I find that you can get by with a lot more belt wise, if you're using a IWB holster. I'd tend to say to get the holster you want, and try it with belts you have, and go from there.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    A contoured belt would probably be your best bet (like the Galo one linked above). Several belt makers offer them.

Mormprepr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    Whiteland
    If you have a holster to distribute the weight it'll make up for a belt that's not as sturdy. Check out alien gear holster, crossbreed holsters or the galco King tuck. All are similarly constructed and will distribute the weight.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Probably more than you want to spend but check out Home Or at least check and see if she knows of other sources.

You might also check out www.corneredcat.com for ideas.

Look up Limatunes on Faceback and You Tube. She also does a good job of helping out with ideas.

I also did some quick poking around and saw some website for women that have holsters but they didn't have belts. It might be worth asking some of those sites if they have suggestions. It kind of looks like gun belts for women could be a decent niche market.

The Well Armed Woman

G

gunhandbags dot com

If you hear of good belts please suggest

I have a eCommerce store selling mostly concealed carry purses but would like to add belts, since we get those requests. Did anyone find some good belts? If so please tell me the source so I can stock them.

Probably more than you want to spend but check out Home Or at least check and see if she knows of other sources.

You might also check out www.corneredcat.com for ideas.

Look up Limatunes on Faceback and You Tube. She also does a good job of helping out with ideas.

I also did some quick poking around and saw some website for women that have holsters but they didn't have belts. It might be worth asking some of those sites if they have suggestions. It kind of looks like gun belts for women could be a decent niche market.

The Well Armed Woman

udchemist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    bookmarked for furture - hope someone finds something! the galco looks nice but its way out of my price range

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Ok...probably not going to help at all but...

Tener's Western Outfitters in OKC (what can I say, I'm a home town girl! They do have a web site!) has some awesome leather belts that can handle the wear and tear of a holster and look good doing it.

I've got a 5.11 belt that is ugly as sin but tough enough to do the job. I've tried belts from places like Kohl's but they just can't take the strain and break down quickly.

Last edited:

Cowboy45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Whitley County
    Daltechforce.com.. They are a Indiana local company and make some really nice Gun Belts and holsters.. They have really good prices especially for the quality of the product!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I kind of go by the "if you can bend/roll it, it's not sturdy enough". That being said, you may not find something "off the rack" that's to your liking. You can always take your stuff to a leather shop and have them girly-customize it. Talk about "one of a kind"...

This. Fashion belts are made for fashion, not durability. Carry belts can be made for fashion, but you'll have to find someone who is building them for both purposes. Walmart's suppliers are unlikely to consider "carry" as a viable factor in cost and design.

Top Bottom