"Fast and Furious" star Paul Walker dies in car crash.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse. Apparently, he made 2 out of 3.

Paul-Walker_accident-1.jpg

Whoa! What a way to go...

I will admit I'm one of those people that have neither heard of this guy or seen one of those movies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Again with the "people we don't agree with should die" bull****... Why can't you people keep the craziness in the politics forum?

Yup....agreed.

I see this as a hey, watch this moment. Looks like the driver was a lot faster than he was good situation baring mechanical failure.

This thing had to be going just under Mach.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Again with the "people we don't agree with should die" bull****... Why can't you people keep the craziness in the politics forum?

What? You don't want everyone you don't agree with dead while you sit there thinking about how crazy they are? Heh, you must be one of them.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    SMiller, you should be a crash investigator. It seems you can determine speed from pictures of a burnt car. Know if they're speeding, what the speed limit is, everything, just from one picture. You're awesome!

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    SMiller, you should be a crash investigator. It seems you can determine speed from pictures of a burnt car. Know if they're speeding, what the speed limit is, everything, just from one picture. You're awesome!

If you end up with a 8" diameter tree in the middle of your Carrera, chances are you might have been traveling a tad over the speed limit.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

Well, I'd say that with my untrained eye I can tell that it wasn't a parking lot tap. Also with all of the reports that I've seen out at this time, speed was the biggest contributing factor. Unless that speed limit was pretty low, 5x the limit is a little silly. 3 times the speed would easily be doable in that car though, even on the freeway. And from one of the reports, the driver was a pretty skilled racer so the speeds they were doing weren't something that hadn't been done before. This is why people need to keep speed on the track and not the highway/surface streets/industrial parks. And yes, I can legitimately say my speeds are always within 5mph of the posted limit unless conditions call for less even if I think the limit is stupid for the stretch of pavement.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    If you've ever seen Varsity Blues, you've seen him. If you're a Highway to Heaven kind of guy, chances are you saw him. If you've seen Pleasantville (which was a pretty decent movie) you've seen him. He was in quite a few shows and movies with most being much, much better than the stupid street racing movies.

I'm mostly just hating on the movies because I could never get a Honda Civic up over 150 mph in a 1/4 during a street race. I mean, I've never owned or driven one but that's beside the point.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    If you've ever seen Varsity Blues, you've seen him. If you're a Highway to Heaven kind of guy, chances are you saw him. If you've seen Pleasantville (which was a pretty decent movie) you've seen him. He was in quite a few shows and movies with most being much, much better than the stupid street racing movies.

I'm mostly just hating on the movies because I could never get a Honda Civic up over 150 mph in a 1/4 during a street race. I mean, I've never owned or driven one but that's beside the point.
    I see someone's done their IMDB research. :)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Nah, I've got a friend that sports a permanent boner for Varsity Blues and during his drunken ramblings about the greatness that the movie was, he'd tell us dude's other roles. I'm not 100% sure why a straight male is that into Paul Walker but my friend is...then again, his ringtone has been the theme to The OC so maybe he isn't quite as straight as him and his wife claim. My friend actually had a post about Paul Walker on facebook dedicating a viewing of Varsity Blues to him.

But Pleasantville really was a pretty good movie. I mean, it had Don Knotts in it. Who doesn't love them some Barney Fife?

Top Bottom