• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Not directly firearm related but these are something that can improve your grip, recoil management and recovery. Just recently acquired a pair of Fat Gripz and used them during this morning's workout. What they are is a set of rubber/urethane/whatever thick covers that go over a lifting bar. A standard olympic bar has a diameter of about 1.1 inches. The Fat Gripz increase that to 2.25 inches. Which in turn works your forearms harder as you have to grip harder and work more to control the bar. Part of my workout this morning included incline bench press, for which I really backed off on the weight since I was using the Fat Gripz for the first time. Using 95 lbs proved a bit challenging and I could really feel the brachioradialus working really hard and the rest of my forearms to a slightly lesser extent. Doing other exercise should change the focus onto different muscles. But start light and work your way back up in weight as you regain control over the thicker diameter. My goal with these is to increase my control during shooting and I believe these will help toward that.

Word of warning if you are particular about smells. Right now mine still have a fairly strong odor as if they haven't yet fully cured and the smell will transfer to your hands while using them. Wash your hands afterward or before a restroom break during a workout so your naughty bits don't pick up the smell.

Bought mine from Amazon. Amazon.com: Fat Gripz - The Ultimate Arm Builder: Sports & Outdoors

fat-gripz.jpg

Top Bottom