• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Did notice one thing, none of these guys seemed to be suffering from starvation by the end. IF THE Shtf ,all you skinny guys are in trouble. ...

That was a lesson learned from the season finale of "Naked & Afraid" too. The super fit girl who wouldn't stop working and searching passed out and couldn't be revived until they got her to the hospital. The chubby guy who layed around, minimized exertion, and ate what he could easily find made it through day 21.

Webster-dl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    United States
    Well that just sounded like survival naïveté. What was that person thinking? As far as I know, biologists, naturalists and survival experts all say Survival is about minimizing energy expenditure while meeting all survival needs and maximizing energy intake. "Exercise" is a civilized society's luxury. No one in agrarian cultures, especially primitive ones, ever seems to talk about "working out"...everything they do has a purpose if they are gonna expend energy.

That's how it looks to me, anyways!. :). Not an expert!

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Turned this on the other day bc of the title. And I wanted to watch the weather as a storm was coming across the midwest. When did the weather channel jump on the reality tv bandwagon? But I did find the show pretty entertaining.

Top Bottom