• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    You have to spend a lot of time with your kids and talk to them at an early age about what is appropriate and what is not. Make sure you know all of your kids passwords to everything. Yes you have to be all up in their business. You teach them gun safety before they use a firearm. Social media and interacting with others is just as important.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    You have to spend a lot of time with your kids and talk to them at an early age about what is appropriate and what is not. Make sure you know all of your kids passwords to everything. Yes you have to be all up in their business. You teach them gun safety before they use a firearm. Social media and interacting with others is just as important.

Amen brother. Social media can be just as deadly.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Talking ain't enough. If you don't live it, it won't stick. Preaching one thing and then sticking them in an environment that holds sacred the exact opposite is likely to produce disappointing results.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am not sure why they felt it necessary to mention the guy took them to a gun range??

I doubt I could show as much restrain and this father did. I hope things did not go beyond verbal with this dirtbag. If it did I hope he gets prison time. it's not a good time for most of them. And that is the way it should be!

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I am not sure why they felt it necessary to mention the guy took them to a gun range??

I doubt I could show as much restrain and this father did. I hope things did not go beyond verbal with this dirtbag. If it did I hope he gets prison time. it's not a good time for most of them. And that is the way it should be!
    I wondered the same thing... :scratch:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    As a die hard Packer fan... I laughed hard at that. Thank you. :)

As a die hard Bears fan....I just found it disturbing

....and as to the OP, this is 2014, right? a 47 year old woman and a 15 year old boy was not a problem for many here, why a 16 year old boy and a 48 year old man? Did the 48 year old DO anything?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Not sure how I would have been able to restrain myself.

Someone needs to send a coupla hard, pipe hittin' INGOers, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch.

....and as to the OP, this is 2014, right? a 47 year old woman and a 15 year old boy was not a problem for many here, why a 16 year old boy and a 48 year old man? Did the 48 year old DO anything?

I noticed the hypocrisy too. Maybe the guy is a Colts cheerleader so it's okay for him too.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I found distuburing messages on MY iPad...Jay Cutler is starting next week.

This calls for a smoke.

tumblr_me3q6o8nG91rge9rdo1_500.jpg

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I'm so glad I managed to finish raising my kids in an era where I was still able to stay ahead of them when it comes to technology. I doubt I could accomplish the same goal today. It was quite a battle to maintain an acceptable level of control just a few years ago, now that battle is exponentially more difficult as technology is absolutely saturating everything these days.

I also don't believe I would have been able to deal with the situation described here without getting arrested and likely serving time. If I knew where to get my hands on anyone that did something like that to my child I seriously doubt I could resist administering some personal justice. I'm not saying that would be the best way to handle it. I'm just acknowledging what I know about myself.

I guess we can only hope that today's parents can keep up and do what's best for their kids.

Top Bottom