Fathers out there with a soft spot for their little girls...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Daughters are a daddy's delight

I often enjoyed that peaceful look on my daughter's face. I, too, was ready to do anything to keep her safe and provide for all she needed. My delight in her grew with every rite of passage: First smile, first word, first step, first day of school, first date, driver's license, high school graduation, meeting that gorilla she wanted to marry and then giving her away to the gorilla who turned out to be a great husband and father. I got to hold her children, and take them out for ice cream. One week after the birth of her third child, on the sixth birthday of her first child, my daughter's heart stopped and she was gone. She was 32, leaving behind two daughters and one son for me to love and guard as a grandfather should.

Savor your moments with your daughters, my friends. Savor them. Inscribe them deeply in your memory. Then, whether you live long and prosper or are separated early, you will have the memories to remind you of the joy she brought to your life.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Before I headed to bed tonight, I went in to check on my 2 1/2 year old daughter. She's in her room, sleeping in her "Big girl bed" and has that peaceful look on her face that those of you with children and grandchildren know about.

Seeing her sleeping there really made me think about what a difference perspective makes. I'm not a worrier by any stretch, but things like the economy, the current state of government affairs, the fast approaching start of construction on our new house, and all of the stuff I have to get done this week at work are always on my mind.

Tonight she's probably dreaming about Strawberry Shortcake, Curious George, or maybe even how much fun the Horsey rides that daddy gave her tonight were. Tomorrow she'll wake up and the most stressful part of her day will be wondering when she can go outside and play.

I'll be stressing about being on time and prepared for a day full of meetings tomorrow, making sure I remember to respond to some important e-mails and phone calls, and making sure I get on INGO in time over lunch break to catch the latest scuttlebut.

It is nice to have those little moments with you kids that remind you that they are really what matters, and all of the other stuff that you do stress about in your adult life is so that you can make sure their childhood is the best it can possibly be.

:+1:
    nice to know there are still parents who care about their kids. just go to any mall and you'll see thousands who don't :n00b:

I wouldnt just say for their "little girls" though, id say for both, the little boys are gunna have a lot of work and issues regarding providing and protecting I'm not sure most women really understand. But from your perspective I get what your saying. :yesway: Gotta love kids.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    yesterday my fiance punched me in the arm after i made some kind of lewd comment about myself having relations with a celebrity. our daughter yelled "dont hurt my daddy!" and attacked her.

it made me forget what a little monster she usually is. for a moment.

Packin-Heat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Avon, Indiana
    As the father of 8(almost 9) year-old little lady, and step-dad to a 11 year old I am understanding more and more each day that this is what its all about. Raising your children to be the best prepared for this crazy world we live in. And also something to any new parents, DO NOT blink too long or you will miss the little things and before you know it those days are gone. Cherish every day!

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    :+1:

I slept on the living room floor in a hunting blind last night because my 3 year old wanted to sleep in a tent! I would do anything for my 2 lil sweethearts!:D

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    has that peaceful look on her face that those of you with children and grandchildren know about.

GUILTY!!!

IMG_2957.jpg

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Some years ago my 17 yr old daughter was killed in a car accident. Over the years I've often wished I could have kept her on the phone for just a few more minutes before she and her friend drove down the road then she'd still be with us. The one thing that got me through the hard times was remembering her last words to me were " I love you and see you soon". I still look forward to that day as I do believe it will come.
    I now have 2 great step-daughters, 17 and 19 as well as 2 step-sons, 15 and 22. I've watched them grow thru the "awkward" years. I've seen them happy, sad, glad, mad and in trouble. I've seen them at their highest highs and lowest lows. I still steal little glances at them when they are asleep. I love seeing the looks on their faces and can only wonder at what they are dreaming. One of my best memories has been when the oldest girl had to be removed from a mentally abusive relationship at 1:30am. After we got home she just said "Thank you" and gave me a big hug and said she knows she can always count on me to give her un-conditional love and be there to do whatever it takes to protect her. Those are the moments to live for.
    Please stop somewhere in your day and tell your kids you love them. No text mssg. Tell them face to face or call them on the phone if they don't live with you. They may say "that's lame" or whatever. Just remember to tell them and mean it. You can never know how much time you will still have together.

Bob

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    My 2 daughters and son are the best parts of my life. The love that you have for your kids is indescribable, to me there is nothing purer.

To Bapak2ja, you have my most sincere condolences in the loss of your angel. I can not imagine the pain you must feel from losing your daughter, but I Thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting your daughters story and reminding all of us on how important it is to cherish our blessed days with our children.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I thought that, too, right up until I had one. :)
    I used to run as fast as I could when I heard the mention of them. When my first one came along, she changed my life (for the better) and when my second one came along, she changed that part that didn't change before!

My youngest is broken out in hives right now because we just learned she is allergic to penicillin. It breaks my heart to see her all covered in "dots" (as she calls them). 17 months old.

Just one time I would like to be able to wipe my head of everything I know for a day, and look at the world again through a child' eyes.

We forget about the innocence sometimes.

Top Bottom