• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I just watched a news story where "actors" were attempting to kidnap kids to record the response. I did not catch the city/state this experiment occurred, but cannot imagine this ending too well in our neck of the woods.

Unless they had complete control over all factors, much could have gone sooo bad. Seems risky to me.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Most of these types of staged situations are very dangerous and leads people to believe there are simple solutions. I would hope the parent of the kids knew about the "prank".

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've seen a few of these in which both the kidnappers and the child were involved. In a lot of these situations most passers-by seem to ignore it so I do see the point in bringing light to it. However I also believe that it is a situation that could easily go very wrong. I completely believe that more people should step up if they have any reason to believe that a child is being abducted, but I don't believe this is the way to go about it. It could turn very ugly very quickly

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Ok, good. There was not enough information given to know that. So it was more of a "What Would You Do?" kind of thing, I guess?

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I couldn't imagine putting my kids or myself in that situation.

My reaction would not be pleasant even after I found out it was not real...................Probably need bail money.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I think the issue isn't people don't WANT to help, but how many times do you hear kids tell a step parent (when they're mad at them) "well you're not my mom/dad, so it doesn't matter what you say."

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    In most cases, I wouldn't involve myself in a dispute between two adults, but if I see some idiot run up and grab a kid, it's gonna be a bad day for the pervert, fake situation or not. I can't imagine another adult standing idle and watching the situation play out, but I guess I'm not surprised.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    That video was normal TV "direction or facts/response" to get a desired effect. It is easy to write off the "your not my dad" to family or step parent issue that may be more than it appears to be. I think the take away for parents is teach your kids to yell at the top of their lungs "CALL 911 CALL911 KIDNAPPER KIDNAPPER STRANGER 911 CALL 911" or similar loud bursts of determined instructions do not have a dialogue with the abductor play to the audience of would be rescuers! Oh and yes I would have thrown Mr. Reporter on the ground and maybe got a lick or 2 in just for "educational purposes" before I heard them say it was all TV play. These kind of pranks or setups are very dangerous. Deadly force is without question an option for me to prevent kidnapping.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Deadly force is without question an option for me to prevent kidnapping.

In all the training I'm familiar with that addresses abduction, deadly force is THE option!

It's embarrassing how many people either can't or won't lift a finger to help another adult in distress, much less a child. I simply cannot understand how someone could just stand by and watch something like this play out. How they could live with themselves afterward?

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008

In all the training I'm familiar with that addresses abduction, deadly force is THE option!

It's embarrassing how many people either can't or won't lift a finger to help another adult in distress, much less a child. I simply cannot understand how someone could just stand by and watch something like this play out. How they could live with themselves afterward?

I agree totally ghostdncr I just hate to rule out other fun things like pencil stabbing and head cracking
    :)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom