• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    What is everyone using?

We have the walker razr muffs but they get in the way when shotgunning. What is everyone’s favorite ear bud style? The foamies are always falling out and cannot hear instruction well.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have Walkers Silencers. They are good for pistol and the occasional rifle shots. I would not trust them for ear protection in any longer sessions of really loud stuff.

Using bluetooth with streaming audio is really cool for range work, but the batteries only last 4-ish hours.

I think these are neat, yet over priced compared to other electronics. Should be in the $100 range...

:)

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    For hunting and usually also when target shooting I use the walker razor xv, they are ear buds retained by a neck mount. not the best thing ever but work well enough

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I have been using these for a couple of months now. Before these, I had Elgin Rumble and was pretty disappointed after a month of use. The Axils with the foam does a really good job suppressing loud noise and they do pretty good playing YouTube via Bluetooth from my Android phone.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Best? 3m Peltor Sport muffs. Best sound hands down.

I have yet to find earbud styles, even with the strap that passes through ambient sounds as good as the Peltors. Everything else the ambient is fuzzy like the mics or speakers are being over driven.

Then again, I'm not dropping $400+ on a pair of buds. Thats outside my budget.

Ive returned to baffle style passive plugs when I dont want to wear my muffs. (Sure Fire EPs)

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Then again, I'm not dropping $400+ on a pair of buds. That's outside my budget.
    Funny story, I bought their $199 GS Extreme tethered buds originally. After about 6 months they stopped working correctly, so I logged a warranty claim. They asked me to send my buds in for evaluation, which I did. After a week or 10 days, I got an email saying my claim had been accepted and I would receive a replacement soon. After 2 weeks and much to my surprise, I received a package from Axil that had the XCORs, not the GS that I had purchased originally. I thought it was a win.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I definitely don’t need blue tooth to be answering phone calls all I want is bud style hearing protection that allows you to still hear talking.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    opR6alv.jpg

SOCOM uses these, they are designed to work with rifles. My FIL, BIL and myself all wear these exclusively on the sporting clays range. MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X's with Gel Ear Cups

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I picked up some Caldwell E-max shadows about 6 months ago. Very reasonable price and work well for the cost, less than $50. Rechargeable and I've used them every time I've been to range, 22, 9mm and 556. Still hear pretty well when the sound is turned on. The aren't perfect but for the price I think they are the nuts.

Emax.jpg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Peltor Sport 500’s.

Not sure they’ll be out of the way of your shotgun, but have come to really enjoy listening to music due to their great sound, while shooting and mowing. And battery life is amazing, with or without the Bluetooth active.

They’re as good if not better than my original Peltors for what you care about though (not music). Comfort and protection. Come standard with gel.

And way better than any Walkers I’ve ever had, even with gel replacements.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    What is everyone using?

We have the walker razr muffs but they get in the way when shotgunning. What is everyone’s favorite ear bud style? The foamies are always falling out and cannot hear instruction well.
    I haven't found any yet I like. None of them boost sound 126db so I can hear someone yelling at me.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I've got a pair of these as well. They have done a good job. Not inexpensive.
    They are a pretty penny. The rechargeable case, that never needs charged, and the fact that gun shots don’t make the volume go down like some others were my primary two reasons for loving them.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I’ve got 2 pair of Peltor Tactical Sports that have been going strong for 12+ years. I recently refreshed them with gel cups from Amazon for $25/each. Better than new now.

Top Bottom