• Favorite NW Indiana DNR range?

• Total voters

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    Interesting comment. Before you posted did anyone suggest that the state didn't have the right to regulate the ranges?
    I have listened to many people who complain about the rules at the ranges in NWI.....nazi range officers,paper only targets, no carry at the range and others..............big stink awhile back about a RO disarming a shooter at Kingsbury who was carried against the rules again.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    Could you pick a worse state to compare us to? But what difference does it make what Illinois offers?

That is like Obama saying that they pay $8 for gas in Europe so we should be able to have our prices go higher

Illinois is NWI nearest neighbor...........we have and they don't...........I get tired of Hoosiers who complain like we don't have any good gun rights.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I get tired of Hoosiers who complain like we don't have any good gun rights.
    And who did that in this thread?

......................I feel the state of Indiana has the right to regulate these ranges as they see fit...if you don't like it.................go someplace else.
    Melensdad said:
    Interesting comment. Before you posted did anyone suggest that the state didn't have the right to regulate the ranges?
    I have listened to many people who complain about the rules at the ranges in NWI.....nazi range officers,paper only targets, no carry at the range and others..............big stink awhile back about a RO disarming a shooter at Kingsbury who was carried against the rules again.
    But nobody did that in this thread. The OP simply asked a question.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Had good experiences at JP in the last year. Free, RO was not intrusive, just asked if we signed in and said to be safe and cordinate with the other shooters. Other shooters were friendly and safe. It was busy, but not packed.
    Have not shot at WS in a very long time, so can't comment.
    Heard good about Winimac, but never been there.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Kingsbury for a day of fun, J-P if I want to reach out and touch something. The drive is a bit further, but so are the targets. :D

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I am about 20 minutes from the slough and about 45 from JP. I go to JP. It has been about 5 years since I have been to WS. JP is less crowded and I get along with RO's better at JP. I haven't been to the other ranges.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Went out to Kingsbury couple weeks ago I didn't think it was bad. I haven't been to a whole lot of ranges but $4 to shoot, they had 50,100yd and 10,15,20yd for handgun also seen a skeet range and archery. I did see the ro give a guy some :poop: kneeling with his handgun but then he did point out the sign in clear view "NO KNEELING". Unlike JP you park across the street but they have wagons to help you get your stuff across. Overall we had a good time, safe atmosphere and got to do some :ar15:.:D

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    Could someone please help me out.
    Google Maps shows this as the location of JP.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com...ocal_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBcQnwIwAA

Using the sat images I don't see no range anywhere near that area?
    :dunno:

That is close, it looks like another mile or half mile down 850 going W, in the intersection of 850 and 400. I've only been to JP and Kingsbury, and like things about both. Kingsbury is better for handguns and shotguns, JP is better for rifles. Kingsbury is also better in bad and hot weather. Bring some asprin if you go to Kingsbury because the concussion can be intense coming off the concrete structures.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Went out to Kingsbury couple weeks ago I didn't think it was bad. I haven't been to a whole lot of ranges but $4 to shoot, they had 50,100yd and 10,15,20yd for handgun also seen a skeet range and archery. I did see the ro give a guy some :poop: kneeling with his handgun but then he did point out the sign in clear view "NO KNEELING". Unlike JP you park across the street but they have wagons to help you get your stuff across. Overall we had a good time, safe atmosphere and got to do some :ar15:.:D

No kneeling at Kingbury??? Can you lay on the floor to shoot?

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Good question. It was on the handgun side that was no kneeling I'm not sure as to the rifle side, we were using the benches.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Good question. It was on the handgun side that was no kneeling I'm not sure as to the rifle side, we were using the benches.

So is shoting handguns only from the benches sitting on bench? Or standing next to bench is ok? :dunno:

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    The benches were on the 50 & 100yd. At the 10,15,20yd what i would call handgun side there are no benches. on the 100yd there was a guy standing and the ro didnt mind he snipped at the guy kneeling on the handgun side.

Top Bottom