• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ngroark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Greensburg
    Hey folks, I like to shoot... a lot... every now and again though I like to shoot at something different. Yall just post whatever it is you shoot at. If it is a target that you've purchased feel free to say where.. post some pictures if you have'em... what ever you have we'd like to see'em.:D

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    Orange peels! Best, cheapest paper targets I've found, adhesive backs so you can stick them on anything, and stickers so you can reuse the same target a few times.
    I've also made a lot of steel gongs, but haven't found any scrap steel in the welding shop hard enough to withstand a .223 round without serious dimpling.

ngroark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Greensburg
    haha forgot to add my two cents here (if its worth that much) but my favorite target so far is just about anything filled with water.. empty milk jugs that have been filled with colored water (or clear), pop bottles, water bottles, gatorade bottles... you name it. just like to see something happen when it gets hit

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Boring paper, empty shotgun shells(they really jump high!), oranges are impressive with a 22, watermelons even more so with a 12ga slug. Most of the time I get melons for free from Kroger. Just ask the manager for any he cant sell due to spoilage. They filled my trunk up back in July.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    steel from Bobcat Steel

+1 I love my Bobcat Steel target!! It just keeps taking the pain! :yesway:

picture.php

Last edited:

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    My favorite targets are quarters, nickels, and dimes. Pennies are hard to see against a dirt mound so they aren't my favorites but they do work just as well.

Next one is clothing line rope. Hang it from a target stand with a rock slightly swinging and try to cut the rope. Then there are Q-Tips and golf balls. Golf balls aren't very fun with .22's because they don't move much, but I have a quarter that actually caught the bullet.

Oh, and of course alcohol based hair spray aerosol cans! They fly really high up when shot with a .223 or 7.62!

Top Bottom