• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    At the very bottom of the article, it looks like Remington caved in and offered 33 million to the Sandy Hook families.
    For me, that is too bad as it will set a precedent for future lawsuits against gun manufactures, because some idiot misuses a gun.

I am so over most entities not having any long term thinking. I have heard all the arguments before, it was cheaper, less risk, better for share holders, gets them past it, etc. In the long run we the end purchasers are the ones footing the bill for such short term thinking.

Every cup of coffee you by has McD's failure to quash the frivolous coffee lawsuit built right into the cost. As does most of everything you buy...

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You seem to be having some trouble with staying in topic these days.
    giphy-downsized-large.gif

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I can remember once upon a time hearing it said in an interview that a question came up during a public hearing, who had put up the sign saying everybody had to check in entering the area, the crime scene, whatever. I don't remember who was said to have put it up. But I do remember that what was said included the information on when the sign went up; days before the shooting. That lodged itself firmly between my ears. Other tidbits have faded except that it seems there was a ex-state trooper / security consultant who was a guy involved in pushing the nobody died narrative. I just looked it up and recognized the name Wolfgang Halbig. Never could decide what to think about him except I think he believed what he was saying. And that what he was trying to get across was that there was an op running, in place ahead of time. How does that come down to "nobody died"? I really just don't know.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I am so over most entities not having any long term thinking. I have heard all the arguments before, it was cheaper, less risk, better for share holders, gets them past it, etc. In the long run we the end purchasers are the ones footing the bill for such short term thinking.

Every cup of coffee you by has McD's failure to quash the frivolous coffee lawsuit built right into the cost. As does most of everything you buy...
    There was more to the McD's coffee lawsuit than many people are aware of...

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Do tell...
    So as I recall. Mcd was serving ridiculously hot coffees. The coffee spilled in a ladies lap and it was so hot fused her bits together. Basically sealed her envelope if you know what I mean. Like serious problems. She had to have surgery to correct her injuries.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So as I recall. Mcd was serving ridiculously hot coffees. The coffee spilled in a ladies lap and it was so hot fused her bits together. Basically sealed her envelope if you know what I mean. Like serious problems. She had to have surgery to correct her injuries.

You would not want my coffee on your private parts either... LOL

Coffee is best brewed at a little over 200 degrees but under boiling...

What is ridiculously hot coffee?

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    For one McDonald's did not settle until after they lost the initial trial, and both sides appealed.

They actually would have saved a ton of money if they had settled earlier

I believe it was settled after the trial but before appeals.

And I stand by my point, coffee is supposed to be hot, consumers have now lost the ability to get good hot coffee that isn't cold before you get to work. The jury found the woman negligent in her actions but wanted to punish MD because to many stupid humans were dumping coffee in their laps and MD knew it and did not choose to serve cold coffee...

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Do tell...
    The old woman had 3rd degree burns and was just asking for them to cover her medical bills for an estimated 20k including skin grafts from their absurdly hot coffee. The woman didn't set the amount, the jury/whoever set the fee just chose 2 days of coffee sales which turned out to be a **** ton of money. Judge then adjusted the amounts down.

For an easy source, it's on Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants

Top Bottom