• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    How this country should be? According to who?

The founding fathers were human, just like you and I. Although the Constitution is a great document, and filled with wisdom, it is not perfect. Had they seen the damage that career politicians cause, they would have certainly included term limits for ALL elected offices in federal government. Women would have had the right to vote from the very beginning, and blacks would not have had to fight to be more than 3/5 of a person.

Government tyranny? George Washington himself sent 13,000 militia to suppress the a rebellion in 1794 by citizens who had attacked federal excise officers over a tax on whiskey. Some citizens were killed, some were arrested, and in the end, the federal government won and the tax collected.

My point? NEVER in our history has this country been the perfect place where every man was free, without deviation or an unpopular interpretation of the Constitution. Perhaps the founding fathers meant to govern well, but they DID mean to govern. State governments were no different. Laws prohibiting concealed carry were in existence as early as the early 1800's. Heck, Georgia banned the sale of pistols and bowie knives in 1837! This was later struck down in the state supreme court (Nunn v. State) but not until 1846.

Our country has been in varying states of turmoil since its inception. I don't see much today that is any different than the bickering that has been going on for the last 230+ years. I certainly don't see anything that will spark some kind of uprising. As much as some of you apparently hope for such a thing, you had better be careful what you wish for. Who is to say that your political ideology will come out on top?

According to the Constitution. It truly is as simple as that. Let's not get sidetracked by strawmen here. The issue has never been whether or not the Constitution is "perfect" or not. The issue is that we have the Constitution which mandates how this country SHOULD be, and it is NOT being followed. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

As for your reasoning regarding uprising: I'm sure the nation felt that way in 1860...and look what happened in 1861. Everyone wanted to ignore the problem until it reached the point where people had had ENOUGH :twocents:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    But the issues that led to the revolution do not exist today, in the same manner. There is no quartering of soldiers. (That was a big one) There has been no massacre of citizens by the US government, unless you count Waco, and that is widely considered to be the fault of a wacko and his followers by most of the general public. Taxes were the big issue back then, and today's taxes far exceed what the colonists put up with. The British confiscated citizens' arms without due process. Today, most states recognize the right to carry, and laws have even been passed to prevent confiscation of arms during emergencies, after the BS that happened with hurricane Katrina.

The times are so much different today, that I don't think an uprising or split between states is even remotely possible. Firing on British troops from across the Atlantic is quite different than firing on your neighbor because you disagree on the commerce clause.

i havent even had the pleasure :rolleyes: to read all your post. i might wait till im drunk so i might be able to understand the madness and ignorance of the facts of history and the present.

if you think theres no one today that will stand up and do what needs to be done if the time comes then let me proudly tell you and with no hessitation that YOU ARE WRONG!!!!

let me also asure you that anyone who mocks, trashes, openly goes against, and ignores the Constitution and my inalienable rights then they are NO countrymen of mine and I have no problem "firing" upon them if it came to it to preserve my freedoms and that of others.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    i havent even had the pleasure :rolleyes: to read all your post. i might wait till im drunk so i might be able to understand the madness and ignorance of the facts of history and the present.

if you think theres no one today that will stand up and do what needs to be done if the time comes then let me proudly tell you and with no hessitation that YOU ARE WRONG!!!!

let me also asure you that anyone who mocks, trashes, openly goes against, and ignores the Constitution and my inalienable rights then they are NO countrymen of mine and I have no problem "firing" upon them if it came to it to preserve my freedoms and that of others.

I really need some rep for this.

I also REALLY hope that we can settle this peacefully and put the reigns on the Feds. I just don't see it happening. The Country will collapse like the Soviet Union did if we keep down this path.

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010

SO the time hasn't come? What has to happen? I've always been curious about this, when I read how so many are on the verge. I wonder what the line in the sand is.

Maybe when they set up a US citizen on trumped up firearms charges, then kill his family members? Oh wait....

Maybe when they cause the deaths of dozens of people, including children, when they use force against them in a botched attempt to arrest their leader, who was alone and available for peaceful arrest only days before? Oh wait.....

Maybe when they confiscate lawfully owned firearms from US citizens who are doing nothing wrong during a hurricane evacuation? Oh wait.....

Maybe when they levy taxes that far exceed any known by our founding fathers, even taxing you upon your death? Oh wait.....

Maybe when the majority of congress passes a government takeover of health care without so much as reading the bill, against the will of the majority of citizens? Oh wait......

Maybe when citizens of several cities in our great nation are refused the right to bear arms as guaranteed in the Constitution by onerous regulation or outright ban? Oh wait......

Sure you will.
    Any day now.

:rolleyes: :):

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    SO the time hasn't come? What has to happen? I've always been curious about this, when I read how so many are on the verge. I wonder what the line in the sand is.

Maybe when they set up a US citizen on trumped up firearms charges, then kill his family members? Oh wait....

Maybe when they cause the deaths of dozens of people, including children, when they use force against them in a botched attempt to arrest their leader, who was alone and available for peaceful arrest only days before? Oh wait.....

Maybe when they confiscate lawfully owned firearms from US citizens who are doing nothing wrong during a hurricane evacuation? Oh wait.....

Maybe when they levy taxes that far exceed any known by our founding fathers, even taxing you upon your death? Oh wait.....

Maybe when the majority of congress passes a government takeover of health care without so much as reading the bill, against the will of the majority of citizens? Oh wait......

Maybe when citizens of several cities in our great nation are refused the right to bear arms as guaranteed in the Constitution by onerous regulation or outright ban? Oh wait......

Sure you will.
    Any day now.

:rolleyes: :):

so why arent you doing anything big boy? sounds like you have kept a list.
    when the time comes it will come and not a day sooner. i look at these days as the years leading up to 1776. slowly, slowly, faster, faster, even faster, fastest, then WHAM!

This country WILL NOT continue on its current coarse, one way or another. the jury is still out on how it will be fixed, but the tar is getting heated up and the feather are being plucked.

why are you asking me when things will be?? you will just be hiding in your moms basement anyways. so what difference does it make?

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    so why arent you doing anything big boy? sounds like you have kept a list.
    when the time comes it will come and not a day sooner. i look at these days as the years leading up to 1776. slowly, slowly, faster, faster, even faster, fastest, then WHAM!

This country WILL NOT continue on its current coarse, one way or another. the jury is still out on how it will be fixed, but the tar is getting heated up and the feather are being plucked.

why are you asking me when things will be?? you will just be hiding in your moms basement anyways. so what difference does it make?

Mom's basement? Seriously? Well, that's mature. Never seen that on a message board before. :):

I'm simply asking where the line in the sand is? I'm not against you, in fact, you can see I have a list. But I also happen to understand the nature of people today. Fully half of the nation's voters can't be bothered to even show up to vote. The percentage is even more pathetic in a non-Presidential election year. Over half of the voters who DID show up last time gave us a guy who leans so far to the left that I'm surprised he doesn't need a cane. And someone of dubious nationality, to boot.

I don't see the type of urgency that you and others apparently see. I can rant all day about how I feel about the idiots in Washington, but I tend to look at things from a realistic perspective. I just don't see us headed down an inevitable path to some kind of revolt. There are many issues, but since this is a gun board, I'll mention that gun owners have won 2 significant supreme court cases regarding the 2nd Amendment, and "shall issue" is the law in more states than ever.

When an uber-liberal president in the White House coupled with strong majorities in both houses of congress can't even get their pet anti-gun legislation passed, and both parties wary of the new Tea Party movement, I simply don't see this road to hell that you seem to think is inevitable.

God forbid someone disagrees with you.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Mom's basement? Seriously? Well, that's mature. Never seen that on a message board before. :):

I'm simply asking where the line in the sand is? I'm not against you, in fact, you can see I have a list. But I also happen to understand the nature of people today. Fully half of the nation's voters can't be bothered to even show up to vote. The percentage is even more pathetic in a non-Presidential election year. Over half of the voters who DID show up last time gave us a guy who leans so far to the left that I'm surprised he doesn't need a cane. And someone of dubious nationality, to boot.

I don't see the type of urgency that you and others apparently see. I can rant all day about how I feel about the idiots in Washington, but I tend to look at things from a realistic perspective. I just don't see us headed down an inevitable path to some kind of revolt. There are many issues, but since this is a gun board, I'll mention that gun owners have won 2 significant supreme court cases regarding the 2nd Amendment, and "shall issue" is the law in more states than ever.

When an uber-liberal president in the White House coupled with strong majorities in both houses of congress can't even get their pet anti-gun legislation passed, and both parties wary of the new Tea Party movement, I simply don't see this road to hell that you seem to think is inevitable.

God forbid someone disagrees with you.

well the way the SCOTUS rulings were written it wasnt realy a win to be dancing in the streets over. i think eventualy it will open a new can of worms. the 2nd amendment is a black and white issue. theres no gray. until the bastages of government can get that through their thick skulls then no one is gonna take them seriously.
    i could seriously care less what those clowns on the hill think they are gonna try and make me do. taking my money in the form of taxes i cant realy stop, but theres many other things i can control in regards to my life and what the king says about it. earlier you mentioned that today we dont have federal troops quartered in our houses. well what about the government agents that listen in on all of your electronic communications and read all of your computer messages, etc? to me thats no different than them pitching a tent in my living room. oh, and did i mention those agents arent even autorized by the constitution? so we have illegal govt agents rounding up and spying on U.S. citizens. yeah, i dont think we are gonna be waiting too long before some kind of big poo hits the fan. im not in the military anymore, but I still would proudly give my life to protect my COUNTRY. notice i didnt say government. they are not the same. not even close. this government is a discrace to this country and the constitution.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    When is this case suppose to reach the high court? We all know that is where it's headed but does anyone have an estimate of when it will be heard by them?

Thanks

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    When is this case suppose to reach the high court? We all know that is where it's headed but does anyone have an estimate of when it will be heard by them?

Thanks

I doubt it will be heard by SCOTUS. The Appeals Court will rule against the States. SCOTUS refuses to hear, leaving Appeals Court ruling in place, effectively dodging a bullet (pun intended).

Bets? Anyone? Anyone?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I doubt it will be heard by SCOTUS. The Appeals Court will rule against the States. SCOTUS refuses to hear, leaving Appeals Court ruling in place, effectively dodging a bullet (pun intended).

Bets? Anyone? Anyone?

Hum... you don't think Robertson wants to get his hands on this one? That "young" man wants to leave a legancy about his court ya know. ;)

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Hum... you don't think Robertson wants to get his hands on this one? That "young" man wants to leave a legancy about his court ya know. ;)

Nope. Roberts is a huge believer in stari decisis.

I don't think anyone wants to hear it. None of the justices with the sole exception of Thomas have shown any disposition to limit the Commerce Clause. That's where all the power of the Federal Government derives from. Why would place limits on it?

Top Bottom