• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingpin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Grant County
    Just got a box of Federal .45ACP ammo which has the small pistol primer and that was the reason I wanted those,I have a bunch of small pistol primers low on large pistol.My question is I notice the bullet itself has a lot of small dents and dings is this normal on these cheaper federals? Kind of laughed when I saw them never seen 230 gr fmj bullets dinged up like that. cost was 16.97 for 50 seemed sheap enough for plinking..

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I found a box of those as well. I also noticed that several of the bullets were seated too deeply. I took them back and got my money back and asked them to send them back and not sell them as I feared they were not safe. I called Federal and had to leave a message. They finnaly called me back 3 days later but at that time it was a moot point as I already had my money back. Interesting enough, they left me a message and I tried for 2 days to call the person bakc and always got a recording that their phone system was not working:dunno: Probably over loaded with complaint calls.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    The bullets look rougher because the Champion line is plated, not true FMJ. I've seen reports of OAL variation or improper crimp applied allowing deep seating. I probably wouldn't return a box of them over one or two deep seated rounds.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I've probably shot 500 rounds of Federal Champion through my 1911 and haven't had any issue at all - but I'll definitely be checking those boxes a little more closely.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom