• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Don't know if anyone else has had this happen before.

Ordered ammo online, ships via FedEx, Saturday comes and I get a email showing package delivered at 12:06pm. Package never showed. Called FedEx, called seller, called and made police report as instructed by seller. Called ATF and they said they need nothing on my end and good to go.

Did I do everything right? Is there something else I should do?

Ammo was Speer Gold Dot 9mm and was a large order shipped to my home.

Zero chance of theft from residence and no neighbors received package.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I have a pretty big place here (a summer camp), and I hate getting deliveries by FedEx.

I got a TV delivered last week. It came a day before their tracking said, so I wasn't keeping an eye out for it. I found it the next day on a picnic table in an open-air shelter.

UPS and USPS guys are consistent. FedEx has left deliveries at six different buildings.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I have had it happen before where a package was scheduled to be delivered, the website showed it delivered, but it showed up the next day. I suspect the driver marked it as delivered to make it look like he had completed his route that day, then dropped it off the next morning.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I have been lucky, people bring me my things FedEx drops off at their house. Multiple calls to dem idjits with promises the fixed it only to have it happen again.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    One thing worth noting is that UPS hires drivers and puts them on company trucks. The company maintains those trucks. The company wants the trucks running. FedEx (at least Ground service) usually--if not always--hires contractors to drive their own trucks. This makes them markedly less reliable, at least out here in my area. I've stoped and picked up my package from the broken down FedEx truck because I knew he wasn't going to finish the route that day.

As others above mentioned, FedEx has claimed items delivered that were then handed to me by the driver the next day. I've had "delayed due to weather" after my package was already on the truck for delivery that day on dry, sunny, summer days. I've had to drive to Indy (an hour each way) to purchase in a store something that I needed on Saturday (promised to a customer) because the item was sitting on the delivery truck at some guy's house even though it was "guaranteed" to be delivered on Friday. I guess he wanted a long weekend or something and didn't care what his company had promised me.

If I can choose delivery service other than FedEx, I do so, even if it costs me extra. I don't trust them them at all.

:ranton:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've had packages stolen and lost as well as mail lost and someone who was going down the streets and jacking mail from people's mail boxes.
    Also the new thing is stupid Amazon drivers who can't deliver a package to the right address but then they take a picture on the wrong porch and you can see the wrong address in the pictures. Unreal. I now insure anything of value and I only sent small cash amounts by mail, and I'll get delivery confirmation by sending things priority, even checks or money orders. No chances

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Whenever I order ammo, I have it shipped to a friend's business address. FedEx, UPS, USPS drivers all know him by first name and are real good about timely deliveries. He is also an FFL, and is used to accepting firearms and ammo shipments. If the shop is not open, the drivers will not deliver.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    One thing worth noting is that UPS hires drivers and puts them on company trucks. The company maintains those trucks. The company wants the trucks running. FedEx (at least Ground service) usually--if not always--hires contractors to drive their own trucks. This makes them markedly less reliable, at least out here in my area. I've stoped and picked up my package from the broken down FedEx truck because I knew he wasn't going to finish the route that day.

As others above mentioned, FedEx has claimed items delivered that were then handed to me by the driver the next day. I've had "delayed due to weather" after my package was already on the truck for delivery that day on dry, sunny, summer days. I've had to drive to Indy (an hour each way) to purchase in a store something that I needed on Saturday (promised to a customer) because the item was sitting on the delivery truck at some guy's house even though it was "guaranteed" to be delivered on Friday. I guess he wanted a long weekend or something and didn't care what his company had promised me.

If I can choose delivery service other than FedEx, I do so, even if it costs me extra. I don't trust them them at all.

:ranton:

This is my understanding, too, that FedEx uses contractors and contractor-owned equipment. We order a lot of stuff to be delivered to our very rural home. The USPS here is great, UPS is also uniformly excellent. FedEx, on the other hand...

We get a large amount of pet supplies from Chewy, and they use FedEx. Complaints and calls have done little to improve the consistency of delivery. Large boxes of pet food and supplies have been dumped in the driveway, in the rain. Chewy always makes it right, but they shouldn't have to.

If I have a choice between FedEx and UPS, I will pick UPS, even if it adds to the cost.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Had a tv satellite receiver shipped to my home by ups. This receiver was shipped in January a few years ago. Never received tracking info. A 2 week period passed before I phoned the shipper. Shipper had confirmation receiver was delivered and driver left it "at the side door". I told the shipper I had no "side door". Fast forward to June of that year. Yup, unannounced package on front steps appeared. Was the receiver I was supposed to get 6 months previous.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    I have had it happen before where a package was scheduled to be delivered, the website showed it delivered, but it showed up the next day. I suspect the driver marked it as delivered to make it look like he had completed his route that day, then dropped it off the next morning.

This has happened to me also on more than a few occasions.

Me too, except in my case it was weeks later.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Driver just came back and said he did deliver package on Saturday, I don't believe him at all but if he did then where is package???

There is a lot of 9mm ammo out there somewhere...

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Driver just came back and said he did deliver package on Saturday, I don't believe him at all but if he did then where is package???

There is a lot of 9mm ammo out there somewhere...

That's perplexing, as I would have thought by law* handgun ammo (9mm) would require an adult signature upon delivery cause without it case could be made that a minor in a household could take possession of the package left on porch.

*While I'm not a lawyer qualified to give legal advice; I am better looking than Harvey Levin and spent 33 years in the small parcel industry.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    That's perplexing, as I would have thought by law* handgun ammo (9mm) would require an adult signature upon delivery cause without it case could be made that a minor in a household could take possession of the package left on porch.

*While I'm not a lawyer qualified to give legal advice; I am better looking than Harvey Levin and spent 33 years in the package industry.

Nope, I had 200 rounds of HST2 sitting on my doorstep. I was close by when I got the alert so it only sat there a few minutes.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have bought many many cases of ammo and I think I only had to sign one time. I think that was the online retailers requirement, most do not do that.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I have bought a lot of bulk ammo on line. UPS email notice of pending delivery always says signature required but driver rarely even rings the bell. I have never signed for it.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    UPS delivered my rifle ammo last week, no signature required and the driver didn't steal my ammo...

I called the seller and they said they are opening a claim with FedEx and it should only take a day to get FedEx to reimburse them, I would not think FedEx would pay since they supposedly delivered item?

I am pulling video from the gates to see if driver even came on Saturday, all vehicles have to be signed in, no way around gates and guards. Will call sheriff and see if they will bring in driver for questioning, the guy was a piece of crap, I am sure they turn something up with some digging...

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    UPS -> rings door bell to let me know package is delivered
    FedEx -> throws package from side walk across porch and I hear package bounce off front storm door so I know package has been "delivered"

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Had a tv satellite receiver shipped to my home by ups. This receiver was shipped in January a few years ago. Never received tracking info. A 2 week period passed before I phoned the shipper. Shipper had confirmation receiver was delivered and driver left it "at the side door". I told the shipper I had no "side door". Fast forward to June of that year. Yup, unannounced package on front steps appeared. Was the receiver I was supposed to get 6 months previous.

I had that. A flat box about 2'x2'x1/2". (sheet metal panel) Disappeared. Gone. UPS put it on a truck and it was never seen again.

Fast forward 6 months and the box appeared on our dock. VERY much worse for wear. Apparently it slipped down behind a shelf on the truck and drove around for 6 months before somebody saw it.

Top Bottom