• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trillobite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Muncie
    I just read that article, it's just lunacy that we catch the grief for guns going south of the border. I'm not holding my breath, that perceptions will change, though.
    Another article is at The Center for Public Integrity, seems they've been letting Barrett .50 caliber rifles skate across the border, too.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Wow, just wow... I don't even know what to say to that, except I hope heads ROLL. All this bluster and crap about US guns getting to Mexico, than it being alleged (at the moment) that ATF LET THEM IN???

String someone (or someones) up, and hang 'em high. Let the rest of the government see what hypocrisy gets...

EDIT: Hadn't seen the post about the other thread, forum must be busy tonight, can't refresh...

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    CBS News does a second report on Project Gunrunner

What surprises me is how unflattering CBS News is to the BATF. The report even goes so far as to say that the ATF is partly to blame for the violence in Mexico. What is the agenda here? Is CBS News trying to say that the ATF is so incompetant that the only way to ensure our safety is to ban all guns? :dunno: I know, I know, time to slap my tinfoil hat on. I like how the story is going mainstream yet I wonder what the end result of all this will be.

Link to the video is here: Agent: ATF partly to blame for Mexico violence - CBS News Video

Just saw the thread Kirk Freeman created over in the General Politics section. Does anyone know I can delete my post right here once it has been created?

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    That thread is from last week.

My thread is the new hotness as the article is from March 3, 2011.

yeah its just the follow up story so the media can drag it out. same situation as last weeks story.

time to get on the phone people. now is time to walk the walk and raise your voices to the office holders. demand action.

I guess a lot of people are waiting on stamps to come back, since there seems to be a lack of interest here. or maybe since it was just a border patrol agent killed with guns the ATF let criminals walk with it doesnt matter, but if it was a factory worker people would be calling for blood like with ruby ridge. this is sad!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What surprises me is how unflattering CBS News is to the BATF. The report even goes so far as to say that the ATF is partly to blame for the violence in Mexico. What is the agenda here? Is CBS News trying to say that the ATF is so incompetant that the only way to ensure our safety is to ban all guns? :dunno: I know, I know, time to slap my tinfoil hat on. I like how the story is going mainstream yet I wonder what the end result of all this will be.

Link to the video is here: Agent: ATF partly to blame for Mexico violence - CBS News Video

Just saw the thread Kirk Freeman created over in the General Politics section. Does anyone know I can delete my post right here once it has been created?

You could by asking a mod to do it. I decided to merge the threads instead. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Par for the course with ATF. Will the idiot public wake up and see they're being played? Don't bet on it. Congress should be hanging Eric Holder by his balls.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hey! This isn't possible. The Esteemed Janet Napolitano has already told us that "things" on the border are better than they've ever been.

Hmmm . . . maybe her definition of "better" is not the same as mine.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    It sounds like someone at the BATFE had what could have been a fairly good idea...let a few go and track them. However even "I" think .... The same e-mail notes: "Our subjects purchased 359 firearms during March alone,"....that 359 seems a bit high for one month, as part of an investigation.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Its time to wake up and realize goberment is corrupt!!! Everyone has there own agenda! None of it works!!!!! Why in the hell would the atf supply anyone with guns? I have to fill out paper work to get mine! Maybe the atf is telling us if we start our own cartels they will give us guns :dunno:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    There's something else they're not telling us. How was this "gun shop" able to sell all these weapons with no paperwork? Were these straw purchases? Is this gun shop still operating? I smell a bigger rat. Was this gun shop working with the ATF?

If they enslisted the help of a gun shop in this, and created crime where there was none, this should turn into a huge, huge scandal.

There's something we don't know yet.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    You could by asking a mod to do it. I decided to merge the threads instead. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

Thank you, sir! :)

There's something else they're not telling us. How was this "gun shop" able to sell all these weapons with no paperwork? Were these straw purchases? Is this gun shop still operating? I smell a bigger rat. Was this gun shop working with the ATF?

If they enslisted the help of a gun shop in this, and created crime where there was none, this should turn into a huge, huge scandal.

There's something we don't know yet.

This is why the whole "Project Gunrunner" is so bad. More than one gunshop reported suspicious activity and were told by the ATF to let the sales go through. Some shops even objected and were still told to let the sales go through so the ATF could track the guns. ATF agents were known to have been pleading with superiors for permission to bust these gun buying individuals only to be denied. Supposedly, this goes all the way up to the Justice Department and has been going on since 2005 or 2006. Tragically, it took the murder of a Border Patrol agent with some of these guns to blow this thing up in peoples' faces.

What makes me curious here is just what the motive behind "Project Gunrunner." Remember, we are talking about President Obama, Eric Holder, Andrew Travers, etc. here. Men known to be vehemently anti-2nd Amendment. Was the ATF being told to gather proof of American guns ending up in Mexico so the Obama could have justification for a gun ban of "assault weapons? :shady:

Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    What makes me curious here is just what the motive behind "Project Gunrunner." Remember, we are talking about President Obama, Eric Holder, Andrew Travers, etc. here. Men known to be vehemently anti-2nd Amendment. Was the ATF being told to gather proof of American guns ending up in Mexico so the Obama could have justification for a gun ban of "assault weapons? :shady:

This is clearly the goal. First off, if tracking to find the end users of the weapons was the goal, why would it take 5000 weapons to do so? 2nd off, how is the ATF supposed to go into Mexico and "find" these 5000 weapons to "complete" the investigation?
    Anyone with 40 or more IQ points can see that this was a long term and highly organized attempt to create an "unacceptable situation" which, of course, needed to be corrected through legislation. Absolutely no other explanation fits the situation.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'll vote for stupid as well.

"Ok Johnson, turn on the tracking devices"

"The what?"

"The tracking devices! The ones you were supposed to install on 5,000 rifles!"

"Oh yeah...umm....oops..."

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The people responsible for this travesty should be brought up on charges, since they are complicit in the murders of who knows how many Mexican citizens, as well as two American government workers. Of course, it's never going to happen. They enjoy the privileges of their class and are immune to justice.

Top Bottom