• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The Federal Government has declared that privately-owned "Liberty Dollars" are to be considered "contraband" and may be subject to seizure.

Liberty Dollar was a successful company from 1998-2009 when its creator, Bernard von NotHaus, was arrested and called a terrorist by a judge. $7 Million worth of his private inventory was confiscated and he will face up to 15 years in Federal prison.

Better go turn them in guys. The law is the law.

Liberty Dollars held by collectors may be subject to seizure as contraband by federal law enforcement, officials with the U.S. Attorney’s Office and Secret Service said Aug. 24.
    libdol2.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why this guy did not make taels with a Wookie or Ron Paul on them instead of coins I do not understand. I've got a few taels and they are really cool to stack.

Anywho, relax, ram, the feds are not coming for silver coins, just those involved in fraud and counterfeiting.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I wonder if the feds will come after bitcoin holders/users too.

Bitcoin would blow Rmabone's mind. In a good way, of course. :)

Isn't the system distributed? I don't think there is any "It" they can come after. Sure, they could come after people using or accepting them.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Bitcoin would blow Rmabone's mind. In a good way, of course. :)

Isn't the system distributed? I don't think there is any "It" they can come after. Sure, they could come after people using or accepting them.

I've just recently found out about bitcoins (last 3 or 4 months). It is on a distributed peer to peer network. I'm definitely intrigued by the idea. I've begun to think about acquiring $100 worth and seeing where it goes.

darthfader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    NWI
    only because he used the word dollar on it. they govt would not have put him in jail for just making silver rounds. by offering it up as the liberty dollar the govt took great offense at the other currency. when it comes to currency the secret service are fanatical about its protection. look at the 1933 gold 50$ coin... they have spent 70yrs trying to recover all the coins that were accidentally released to the public. only 1 is official legal tender and its worth about 10 million bucks.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've never seen one of these, but if the coin in the OP is accurate, I'm a little creeped out.

The profile of the lady liberty looks EXACTLY like my MOM!!! (When I see pictures of her from her 20's and 30's - that is).

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    the problem here is that someone coined something that looks very close to a real US dollar and used the term "dollar" on it. the fact that it was a Nothaus dollar and not a US dollar is pretty insignificant to the SS, who is charged with preventing counterfeit money.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Did you see the Liberty Dollars, They were brightly colored and not the same shape, as far as the coins go any coin is going to look like any other coin except they have Ron Paul on the face.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    They already did it with gold. Hoarders beware.

Executive Order 6102 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So it shouldnt be long until they make hoarding dollar bills illegal right?

"The order was rationalized on the grounds that hard times had caused "hoarding" of gold, stalling economic growth and making the depression worse"

If people werent "hoarding" all their money right now the economy would be SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!

Top Bottom