• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I can help. There really wouldn't be much to it. Put up a poll for possible dates, and locations. Narrow it down to two or three weekends, and two or three locations and have a vote.
    If you're worried about to many people showing up (I really don't think it would get too big), then set a limit (may have to anyway, depending on location).
    Decide whether you want to do pitch in meals or everybody for themselves.
    Everyone is responsible for their own Equiptment, but we can always list extra gear if some people need something.
    Set some basic rules/guidelines. Have fun!

Polls were my plan if there was enough interest.

Hoosier National's "sundance" location seems like it the most feasible site so far.

Ridgeman4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Middletown
    I disagree with some of the sugestions give here. Not that I'm an expert in organizing survival events but I do have plenty of experience in trying to ogranizing events that include trying to accomidate scheduling conflicts and personal preferences for many people. If I could offer a suggestion it would be for the mod to just decide on the various aspects yourself and put them out there. If you try to take a poll and hope for a strong majority for selections most likely it will not happen. You will find yourself beating your head against the wall trying to accomidate everyone. Just make the selections and see who commits. You should choose things that are convenient to you. Afterall, you are the one putting this together.

Just my :twocents:.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I'm starting to wonder the same... There are so many people interested in coming than I could not possibly hope to get this all organized on my own...

I was thinking 10, 12, maybe 18 people... If we are going to try this, I will need some help organizing this, and assuring it stays that way.

No worries. There is some good advice here. Just act on it.

I disagree with some of the sugestions give here. Not that I'm an expert in organizing survival events but I do have plenty of experience in trying to ogranizing events that include trying to accomidate scheduling conflicts and personal preferences for many people. If I could offer a suggestion it would be for the mod to just decide on the various aspects yourself and put them out there. If you try to take a poll and hope for a strong majority for selections most likely it will not happen. You will find yourself beating your head against the wall trying to accomidate everyone. Just make the selections and see who commits. You should choose things that are convenient to you. Afterall, you are the one putting this together.

Just my :twocents:.

Do what he ^ said.

Make a decision on a date, location, and maximum number of people (or maybe number of tents/vehicles) you want to attend.
    Post that information on INGO.
    Begin making a roster of who can commit to it, include a backup list for those you can call in case somebody has to back out later.

If it was me I would have a meet and great prior to spending the weekend with a bunch of strangers. Maybe lay out expectations and ground rules so everyone is on the same page. I have meet a lot of great people from INGO. I have also meet a few that I couldn't get away from fast enough. Might sound rude but it would make for a long weekend if your surrounded by a bunch of goofs.

This could be good. If it works out, maybe the folks on your A-roster may want to hold a planning session together in person before the event itself. But I think this may not be necessary, just an option for those who are committed to decide.

OP, you've got a lot of interest expressed in this thread. Make the decisions, announce the details, and see who signs up. Do one event, which will empower those who attend to be able to head up one of their own, and it can spread throughout INGO that way. Even if each person isn't an expert in outdoorsy survival, at least they can arrange for an event and get some more advanced guys out there to teach a group.

Good stuff. Good luck!

Top Bottom