• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I carry mine Cocked n Locked just like my 1911s. The Browning and MecGar mags will work in it but I like the MecGars better. They have both 13 and 15 round flush fitting mags for the HP and both work well. I put a set of slim wood grips on my MKIII but found the magazine partially ejected a couple times while carrying it so I put the original Pachmeyers, which I don't like, back on it and have had no further issues since they stick out farther than the mag release button.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    I carry mine Cocked n Locked just like my 1911s. The Browning and MecGar mags will work in it but I like the MecGars better. They have both 13 and 15 round flush fitting mags for the HP and both work well. I put a set of slim wood grips on my MKIII but found the magazine partially ejected a couple times while carrying it so I put the original Pachmeyers, which I don't like, back on it and have had no further issues since they stick out farther than the mag release button.
    the 15s fit flush in the gun, that is really nice as for grips i havent decided what grips im going to to try.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Yep, the MecGar 15rd mags fit flush just like the originals. I prefer wood grips but the set I used were so thin that the mag release button got pushed a couple times while carrying it. I think a different holster would prevent that but for now it's back with the Pachmeyers. :( I have a set of wood panels on another HP that are a bit thicker and have never had an issue with them. Plus if the panels are to thin they have a tendency to crack just because of the way the grips fit the frame.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    The only thing I didn't like about my HP was the magazine safety. I had a friend take it out. Improve the trigger. Nice bonus.:): Now I can't find anything I don't like about it.:ar15:

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I realize others have said this previously, but I wanted to add my :twocents: I would severely caution against carrying with the hammer down and a round in the chamber. The only ND I have ever had occurred while lowering a hammer on a loaded chamber. It was pointed in a safe direction so other than a small amount of property damage it was just my own embarrassment I had to deal with, but it totally changed my mind about that method of carry. I would make it your utmost priority to find an ambi safety and have it installed. I own two Hi-Power clones, and love them. Neither is an FEG however, so I can't offer any help in that category. All have had the magazine safety removed, and I much prefer them this way, but that decision is up to you. It's fairly simple, and you can find instructions on the web. I have several of the surplus Argentine 15/17 round mags, and while the first few worked fine, the last batch I received were pretty dirty and wanted to bind up. I stripped them down and did a thorough cleaning, which helped a great deal, but I don't consider them as reliable as the factory mags quite yet. I love the elegance and simplicity of the Hi-Power design, and I'm sure you will enjoy it as well. Post some pics if you get the chance.

Top Bottom