• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    oh my.

in his defense though, she did tell him to do it again. its not gentlemanly to refuse a lady.

I just wonder if he felt like a tough guy after hitting a woman with a baton. I know I would, especially if instead of going to jail, all I got was a new job that didn't require me to be on the street in the heat and cold.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Just out of curiosity, where is the video showing what she was doing before this happened?

This clearly looks like aggravated assault, but I could show you "aggravated assault" with anyone defending themselves, if I am only taping the right(/wrong) part.

(I'm not defending this officer's actions, but knowing what she was doing prior to the baton strike is fairly pertinent to this thread.)

Muddy_Ford

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Hartford City
    I just wonder if he felt like a tough guy after hitting a woman with a baton. I know I would, especially if instead of going to jail, all I got was a new job that didn't require me to be on the street in the heat and cold.

He probably did, and then in his mind he was rewarded. I can't call what he got punishment.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Just out of curiosity, where is the video showing what she was doing before this happened?

This clearly looks like aggravated assault, but I could show you "aggravated assault" with anyone defending themselves, if I am only taping the right(/wrong) part.

(I'm not defending this officer's actions, but knowing what she was doing prior to the baton strike is fairly pertinent to this thread.)

Agreed. I hate the little youtube snips that don't show what was really going on.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    im all for police laying the lumber when its necessary, and i understand anyone can be dangerous, but i have a hard time believing she needed to get hit like that.

anything could have happened before the camera panned over to that scene, but just going off the video, that was brutality.

Muddy_Ford

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Hartford City

Agreed. I hate the little youtube snips that don't show what was really going on.

In these statements, much wisdom, there is.:starwars:
    :+1:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I like how she is explaining it to the press & they ( thye cops) hurry up & grap her and rip her from the press so she cant tell her side of the story!!
    & Joe... unless she was "touching or spitting on the cop he had NO "right" to do what he did..
    I LOVE COPS

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    According to the Denver D.A.'s office as reported by the Denver media...

"A thorough review of all the evidence compels the conclusion that a woman failed to comply with repeated lawful police orders to move back," said Lynn Kimbrough, spokeswoman for the Denver DA's office.

"She then grabbed an officer's baton, pushing it away. The officer pushed back, using the baton, and the woman fell to the ground. She was not injured. It was these facts that were considered in the decision."

I wasn't there, however, so I'm really not sure of the events that transpired. I'll leave it to those that were.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Life's a B***h, then she falls down.

Clear case of provocation, she did something that caused him to do something that she regretted.

Last edited:

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    "She then grabbed an officer's baton, pushing it away. The officer pushed back, using the baton, and the woman fell to the ground. She was not injured.
    It would be nice if "we the people" were treated with the same kid gloves by lawyers. If anyone else would have done that, no matter how much she deserved it, We would be charged with a felony. That was brutality. She was wrong, that was not the solution.

I'm not saying anyone should get away with this sort of thing. Just saying there should be no difference in how someone is prosecuted. Justice should be blind!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom