• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    So empowering women = having them act (even as children) as the most vulger and offensive adults of either gender.

Typical progressive thought... We need to be equal, and the best way there is to bring everyone down to the lowest level.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    How many shows about murder have those children seen on television? I don't understand why is it child abuse to expose children to a "bad" word, but nobody seems to mind if they are exposed to gory, grisly murders and other horrific crimes on a daily basis on network TV.

(FWIW, it was a turnoff for me also, but I think we give words too much power when we should be more worried about actions.)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Snapdragon again.

Pretty much my exact feelings as well. It may not be "classy", but true child abuse looks MUCH different.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Child abuse?

Huh. I remember an even younger child in Greensburg, Indiana singing an equally distasteful song about homosexuals in front of his flock. I don't remember any calls of child abuse. He received a standing ovation.

Interesting...I wonder what gives?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Child abuse?

Huh. I remember an even younger child in Greensburg, Indiana singing an equally distasteful song about homosexuals in front of his flock. I don't remember any calls of child abuse. He received a standing ovation.

I Googled the song you described and literally the first search result called it "child abuse."

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I don't object to the words as such. Example, one day on the middle school bus route, there was one of those magical moments when everyone went silent, except for the one girl that was saying a very vulgar word. You should have seen the look on her face, thinking she was about to visit hell. I just smiled, and she was probably embarrassed for the rest of the day that someone had peed in her panties. There was another one that questioned why her mother refused to buy her a Tshirt with the number 69 on it. I was not willing to explain, any more than I would have told any of them what the bus number (88) meant, in certain context. Context is the thing, though. This video has these girls saying inappropriate words to express concepts that are either beyond what I would expect them to understand, or just outright wrong. While I don't object to the words, I won't feed them to children. My son at 18 can strip paint with the vocabulary he can come up with, but he's good with context. These sweet little girls are being stripped of their innocence. The people doing it should be ashamed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How many shows about murder have those children seen on television? I don't understand why is it child abuse to expose children to a "bad" word, but nobody seems to mind if they are exposed to gory, grisly murders and other horrific crimes on a daily basis on network TV.

(FWIW, it was a turnoff for me also, but I think we give words too much power when we should be more worried about actions.)

Probably, the feminists weren't exposing those kids to words they never heard before elsewhere. Exposure to the words isn't the issue. Exploiting the presumed innocence of young children for shock value is the issue. I wouldn't call it child abuse because that has its own meaning that's different from what this is. This is vulgar child exploitation.

Child abuse?

That wasn't child abuse either. It was a different form of child exploitation. It seems warm people's hearts to hear children say what is in their own hearts even if the kids don't understand what they're saying. Adults like to think that they do and feel all gooey inside when good 'ol Fred and Wilma put Pebbles up on the stage to say the words.

You may not like the message, but it's what that kid will learn anyway because he will grow up in a home with that mindset. If the parents believe the words of that song, probably the kid will believe them too when he's old enough to know fully what they mean.

I'm not really outraged about that as if it were anything new. The world's obnoxious opinions will always be passed to posterity by the the adherents. The only way to prevent that is to repress individual freedom.

The kid singing the song is not the moral equivalence of what the feminists did. The motives for the two are completely different.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    I predict that those young ladies will either grow up and live a lonely and isolated life, or give their significant other so much grief that they will want to hit themselves in the head with a baseball bat rather than go home to face the unbearable nightly tongue bashing.
    It is a sad, and shameful representation of where we are heading.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The government ought not be the decider of what speech is acceptable, hateful, etc. I don't believe in the legal concept of "hate speech" and I certainly don't agree with using controversial language as an excuse to brand people "child abusers" and steal their children.

Top Bottom